Game Systems Engineer Intern (Part Time)
26 days ago
At Endless Studios, we envision a digitally empowered future for every student. We’re a youth-centric game making studio where budding creators collaborate with professionals to develop games.
We are designed to mirror the authentic environment of a professional game studio to train technical skills like coding and design, alongside soft skills such as leadership and problem-solving. By blending game development with an enriching learning experience, we aim to nurture a community of young creators ready to innovate in a digital future.
We are looking for a talented Game Systems Engineer Intern to contribute to our independent, community-based games. As a Game Systems Engineer Intern, you will join a small team empowered to develop and implement various game systems. This is an excellent opportunity for individuals with 1-2 years of experience or equivalent education to contribute to the technical aspects of game development.
- Game Systems Development:
- Collaborate with development team members to design and implement core game systems focused on gameplay mechanics.
- Contribute to the development of efficient and scalable code for game systems.
- Physics and Animation Integration:
- Integrate physics and animation systems to enhance the realism and fluidity of in-game movements and interactions.
- Collaborate with animators and artists to ensure seamless integration of animations into gameplay.
- Collaboration with Design Team:
- Work closely with game designers to understand and implement gameplay mechanics that align with the overall vision of the game.
- Iterate on systems based on feedback from design and playtesting.
- Performance Optimization:
- Identify and address performance bottlenecks in game systems to ensure optimal frame rates and responsiveness.
- Collaborate with other engineers to optimize code and assets for various platforms.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field (or equivalent education).
- Or 1-2 years of experience in game systems engineering or a related role.
- Proficiency in programming languages such as C++ or C#.
- Familiarity with game engines such as Unity, Unreal, and Godot.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
If you are a passionate engineer with a keen interest in game development and a desire to contribute to cutting-edge gaming experiences, we encourage you to apply. Join our team and be a key player in shaping the technical foundation of our games!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.