This job might no longer be available.
Game QA Tester
9 days ago
Title: Game QA Tester (Functionality Testing)
Hours: Monday – Friday, Business Hours
Have you ever wanted to play video games for a living? Are you looking to work with other passionate gamers?
Our Game QA Testers are gaming experts who test video games during the initial development stage. Their job is to detect any bugs or glitches in the game before it goes on sale. Our Game QA Testers are also required to complete all stages of a game, explore every level, and recommended extensions or game modifications. You will have the opportunity to focus on testing the user experience of a game, such as where it becomes boring or vague, how fun it is to play, and how many victories you can experience on the way to meeting the game’s objective. You'll also focus on identifying technical issues with a game, such as glitches, bugs, and inconsistencies.
To be one of our Game QA Testers, you should have in-depth knowledge of video game play-through, have a real passion for gaming, and a good eye for detail. As a first step in the video game industry you will be testing different titles on a variety of platforms. Are you a gamer at heart? Do you have great communication and computer skills? Are you a team player and is motivated to learn and grow? This is your opportunity to join a global company and contribute to the development lifecycle of some of the most popular games in the world!
We will help you earn the basic responsibilities of one of our Game QA Testers, including playing multiple AAA games, detecting bugs and glitches, and recommending improvements. You will get to learn QA terminology like playtesting, code release, performance testing, and minimum viable product. This role will also help your strategic thinking, analysis, reporting, and technical writing skills. We are building a pool of candidates and will notify you of vacancies.
What you’ll be doing
- Test games and software to find bugs and following test plans and checklists set by Test Leads to ensure the game functions correctly
- Report bugs into tracking database and re-test bugs once they’re fixed by developers by collaborate with colleagues, Senior Testers and Test Leads.
- Provide subjective feedback on the game or software being tested and playing the game to completion.
- Completing all side quests and exploring all levels, finding and exploring locations not anticipated by the game designers.
- Making a note of all glitches and bugs in the game plus collecting all points and leveling up characters.
- Achieving the highest character level by playing with different characters.
- Communicating any issues to the your Project Coordinator and recommending game additions or modifications.
- Rating the game in terms of enjoyment and difficulty.
- Working as part of a global Games QA function.
What we’re looking for
- Ideally 6+ months of experience with Video Game Testing
- Good command of the English language, verbal and written
- An additional language could be advantageous.
- Great observational skills and attention to detail
- Basic knowledge of Google or Microsoft’s office suites
- Team player that excels in a diverse, collaborative, and fast pace environment
- Flexibility with availability and schedule
- Knowledge of multiple operating systems and bug tracking databases is a plus
- Previous experience as a video game tester and a passion for gaming.
- Advanced computer skills with experience with PC, console, and mobile games.
- Advanced understanding of game dynamics, sandbox explorations, side quests, and hidden levels.
- Attention to detail and good communication skills.
- Ability to focus for long periods with patience and persistence.
What we offer
- You will be working for the pre-eminent global provider of specialist services to the games industry and provided with full training and the opportunity to work on some of the biggest games titles in the world.
- Competitive remuneration, holidays, regular team competitions with great prizes; and inclusion into an extensive social calendar. Collaborative team-work with people from all around the world, different nationalities and languages.
- A supportive community inclusive of LGBTQ+, and any age, ethnicity, religion, or disability. We care about the wellbeing of our employees and have a dedicated employee wellbeing programme.
Who we are
PTW is a boutique games services company that provides custom solutions worldwide. We believe in accelerating innovation across the globe. We started more than 25 years ago and since then, have grown exponentially year-on-year to who we are today. Our history is in gaming, and we are still gamers at heart. In our time within the games industry, we have worked on over 1,500 titles across all genres and all platforms.
We have grown rapidly over the past few years and now have 16 sites spanning the globe. The PTW umbrella of companies includes SIDE, 1518, OR Esports, and Entalize. SIDE works at the cutting edge of interactive media as a provider of audio services for the global entertainment market. 1518 is know industry wide for world-class art and is also our in-house game and product development studio.
Basically, anywhere in the world, any platform, any genre, we can help come up with a custom solution to make games run better, get to market faster, and enhance the lives of more players.
In summary, we connect and bring fun to the world.
Welcome to PTW, Family of Brands
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.