This job might no longer be available.
Game QA Compliance Team Lead
16 days ago
Title: Game QA Compliance Team Lead
Hours: Monday – Friday, Contract, Business Hours
Department: Games Quality Assurance (GQA)
Location: Studio role based in Braga, Portugal
All candidates will be working in the studio for the 1st 3 months.
This is a truly fantastic opportunity to join a global leader within the gaming industry and work on some of the best AAA titles in the world. You will be home-working initially but need to be available to go to the studio if requested. You will be working within a dedicated team of functionality experts for a specific gaming title (AAA). You will build and drive a comprehensive test strategy that covers testing builds for feedback and quality (at IP standard and IP protection levels).
The ideal candidate must be passionate about the delivery of high-quality gaming test services with a solid background and understanding across all gaming platforms.
As a member of the global QA Leadership Team, you'll be working closely with the wider team ensuring that project quality standards are upheld. Our ideal candidate will be a creative leader with experience in building quality-focused teams and delivering world-class projects. The successful candidate will have a positive outlook, and a professional manner. They will possess the ability to focus on tasks whilst being agile. A genuine passion for the video games industry is a must, as well as experience of playing a diverse range of game genres in a variety of formats and platforms.
What you’ll be doing:
- Acting as the primary PTW point of contact for client stakeholders and take the lead on projects, managing cross-disciplinary teams, ensuring that what needs done, is being done, and within the given timescales.
- Responsible for test case creation and execution, bug vetting, and ultimately the overall feedback and quality. and with collaboration with the other QA teams, you'll share knowledge to encourage best practices across projects.
- Managing and participating in daily team briefings and coordinate with the project stakeholders to prioritise issue fixes via regular bug triage's whilst continually revisiting deadlines and ongoing schedules to ensure expectations are met.
- Managing time and resources to meet project deadlines and requirements and be responsible for managing various bug-tracking databases and bug reports from testers to ensure standards are being met.
- Develop and update comprehensive test plans and detailed test cases, verifying that checklists are understood and diligently followed by the testers.
- Recording hours performed by your testers, such as timesheet management, absence, etc.
- You must be able to work from the studio for the first 3 months.
- Ideally, 2-3 years experience as a Senior Tester working within Compliance.
- Team Lead experience within Compliance testing is advantageous.
- Excellent experience of Games Functionality Quality Assurance testing experience.
- Experience of working on a project from soft to post launch and the ability to work autonomously whilst giving supervision and instruction to your team.
- You will have a systematical approach to problem solving, ideally within a games studio.
- A comprehensive knowledge of a project cycle and a games’ development process including Game Functionality QA and Certification testing services and processes or at least an understanding
- Understanding of risk management in the context of the QA process and data driven systems to facilitate decision making
- Ability to analyse difficult and sensitive problems, and recommend and implement effective solutions
- Ability to identify gaps in testing and to strategise around this.
- Familiarity with defect tracking tools, workflows, test case management tools, agile tools, and project tools
- Experience on working with or playing a variety of AA/AAA titles and genres across all platforms.
- Computer literacy – particularly with Excel including working within Microsoft suite
- Robust Internet research skills.
- Previous experience with using different software, applications, and websites.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely and collaborate within project teams.
- Be able to provide evidence of Right to Work in the country.
Studio Working Criteria:
- Candidates must live within 60 minutes of studio.
- Home working may be an option after your initial 3 months of working in the studio.
What we offer:
- You will be working for the pre-eminent global provider of specialist services to the games industry and provided with full training and the opportunity to work on some of the biggest game clients, titles, projects, and tech in the world.
- Attractive remuneration, holidays, regular team competitions with great prizes; and inclusion into an extensive social calendar. Our environments thrive with collaborative team-work with people from all around the world, different nationalities, and languages.
- A supportive community inclusive of LGBTQ+, and any age, ethnicity, religion, or disability. We care about the wellbeing of our employees and have a dedicated employee wellbeing programme. We empower our people and offer regular progression opportunities to ensure our employees flourish.
- Learn as you work and be part of something real that changes the face of gaming - forever.
- Working with a global multi-lingual workforce with superb training and promotion and progression opportunities.
PTW is a boutique games services company that provides custom solutions worldwide. We believe in accelerating innovation across the globe. We started more than 25 years ago and since then, have grown exponentially year-on-year to who we are today. Our history is in gaming, and we are still gamers at heart. In our time within the games industry, we have worked on over 1,500 titles across all genres and all platforms.
We have grown rapidly over the past few years and now have 16 sites spanning the globe. The PTW umbrella of companies includes SIDE, 1518, OR Esports, and Entalize. SIDE works at the cutting edge of interactive media as a provider of audio services for the global entertainment market. 1518 is known industry wide for world-class art and is also our in-house game and product development studio.
Basically, anywhere in the world, any platform, any genre, we can help come up with a custom solution to make games run better, get to market faster, and enhance the lives of more players.
In summary, we connect and bring fun to the world.
Welcome to PTW!
We are also regularly recruiting the following languages: Arabic, Burmese, Bulgarian, Brazilian Portuguese, Chinese (Traditional), Chinese (Simplified), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English (Australian), English (UK), English (US), Finnish, French (EU), French (Canadian), German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Luxembourgish, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (EU), Portuguese (Brazilian), Romanian, Spanish (Latin), Spanish (EU), Russian, Swedish, Tagalog, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian and Vietnamese for current and future ad-hoc Quality Assurance, Localization, Localization, QA, and Player Support global Operations.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.