Game Producer, Encounter & Narrative Design - World of Warcraft
13 days ago
Team Name:World of Warcraft
Job Title:Game Producer, Encounter & Narrative Design - World of Warcraft
The World of Warcraft (WoW) Development Team is looking for a full-time Game Producer whose primary responsibility will be to support and work closely with our Encounter and Narrative Design teams.
We want someone that can collaborate with the best game developers in the world to turn our “wouldn’t it be cool if…” ideas into reality by expertly dual-wielding the realities of scope and complexity for a game as large as WoW. We have a very talented group of people that value respect, collaboration, and a passion for WoW and strive to maintain a friendly workplace where creativity and teamwork bring to life the most critically acclaimed and iconic MMO franchise in the world.
The WoW team is built on a culture of collaboration, intense creativity, and problem-solving. As a group, we are committed to pushing our exploration of Azeroth to the fullest, and in doing so creating a gaming experience like no other. As a Producer, the work you do will live at the very heart of this philosophy. We want a person that enjoys working in a group setting and whose experience in creative environments has reinforced the value of communications, empathy, and knowledge sharing.
This is a full-time position at our office in Irvine, California and will be reporting to the Lead Design Producer.
- Own the development pipeline for the Encounter and Narrative Design teams, from day-to-day tasking and scheduling all the way to future planning, forecasting and risk management for dungeons, raids and narrative-driven initiatives
- Under the supervision of production and design leadership, ensure the successful integration of the Encounter and Narrative Design teams into the broader WoW development ecosystem by collaborating with multiple internal stakeholders across a variety of disciplines
- Motivate and provide support to your team to ensure that project goals, objectives and deliverables are achieved
- Drive the completion of project goals and facilitate communication, organization, and accountability
- Own the organization and communication of day-to-day tasking and scheduling for Encounter and Narrative Design features and initiatives
- Identify and communicate all roadblocks and bottlenecks that may prevent the team from achieving their goals
- Help drive other select projects and features to completion by collaborating with team leadership
- Contribute to a positive work environment by organizing teambuilding initiatives
- A minimum of 3 years experience in a production or project management role with preference given for previous game development experience
- Ability to think critically about problems, and propose flexible solutions
- Collaborative team player
- Strong project and people management skills
- Positive attitude, calm and deliberate within a highly dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative – the ability to make sense of the ambiguous
- Passion for video games, especially World of Warcraft
- Prior experience working on MMOs or Live Service games
- Project management education in Agile, Scrum, PMP
- JIRA and Confluence experience
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.