This job might no longer be available.
Game Intelligence Analyst
4 months ago
The game intelligence analyst must master applied analytics and data mining, including knowledge of the different theories, techniques and technologies. The incumbent will develop decision-making tools and, more specifically, transform production stakeholder issues into operable quantitative assessments based on title sales and player behaviours.
What you'll do
- Determine the telemetric needs of the business units and translate these needs into elements that are compatible with the data collection technology;
- Follow up on data collection system integration with internal teams;
- Contribute to the development and enhancement of the data collection systems;
- Analyze, synthesize and interpret product and player data to determine observations and trends and make forecasts;
- Develop and implement tools, indicators and dashboards to provide strategic and operational support for productions;
- Research and develop statistical models to explain past player behaviours and forecast future ones;
- Collaborate with stakeholders (community managers, marketing, monetization, production, technical operations) to support decision making and guide the studio’s strategic actions by providing quantitative logic for possible options;
- Draft reports and communicate data syntheses by highlighting priority information that is relevant to decision making;
- Develop action plans, work with teams to implement target recommendations and carry out follow ups;
- Create new processes and automate, standardize and optimize existing ones;
- Carry out all other related tasks.
What you bring
- Undergraduate degree in a quantitative or related field (statistics, applied mathematics, operations research, business intelligence) or equivalent training or work experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar position or other relevant experience;
- Experience in data analysis (SQL-type queries);
- Experience in the video game industry an asset.
Skills and knowledge
- Extensive knowledge of data analysis tools, software and systems (e.g. SQL Server, R, Tableau)
- Expertise in drafting reports, creating figures and representing statistical data
- Extensive knowledge of MS Office: Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work with large-scale databases
- Proactivity, innovation and autonomy
- Structure, strategy and rigour
- Ability to reconcile technical and functional perspectives
- Ability to develop and maintain good interdepartmental relations and communicate with colleagues at all hierarchical levels
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment
- Ability to manage concurrent projects
- Python programming experience
- Be passionate about video games
- Knowledge of SCRUM / AGILE
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.