This job might no longer be available.
Game Economy Designer
28 days ago
This is an engaging and challenging role that requires strong understanding of the free-to-play model and the core concepts of Game Design. The role is more oriented towards game balance and monetization, so any mathematical/statistical knowledge is a plus.
- Working together with the key stakeholders in the game team to establish and define the game economy
- Identifying the potential sale drivers for the different product categories in the game economy, defining the key points of exposure for those drivers
- Analyse player behaviour, evaluate game performance, suggesting changes and improvements
- Analysing and deconstructing the existing systems in the game balance and looking for improvements based on data
- Playing mobile games A LOT
- Working in an agile environment
- PASSION FOR GAMES
- Strong analytical thinking, able to break problems down to their key variables and identify the relations between them
- Good Microsoft Excel (or any other spreadsheet software) skills
- Well-developed econometrics skills, able to model problems into quantitative systems and draw qualitative conclusions out of quantitative data
- Some Statistics knowledge, able to formulate ratios and indexes specific to each game, identifying specific weaknesses and strengths in its economy design
- Sensitivity to game play and game design, understanding how to build needs and emotions in the context of a game
- Having marketing understanding, able to formulate adequate selling strategies to improve the financial performance
- Previous experience as a Game Designer, Social Designer or Gambling Designer
- Previous experience in econometrics / data mining
- Experience in marketing or product management
- Understanding of SQL
- Exposure to agile methodologies
Why Join Gameloft Universe?
- You want to work in an exceptional industry and create games downloaded by millions of players every day
- You want to be part of a talented and supportive team of pioneers who have a passion for creating video games
- You want to contribute to a vibrant and dynamic atmosphere
- You want to join a global company and meet great people around the world
- You are looking for a fun place to work in the heart of Sofia and excellent transport connections
- You want to work on a permanent contract with competitive remuneration and benefits package
- Additional Health Insurance with excellent coverage, including dental care & dioptric glasses reimbursement
- Flexible working time on hybrid mode with short Friday option
- Food vouchers – 200 lv. per month
- Several options for active lifestyle – both Multisport and Coolfit cards available
- 20 days paid annual leave + 1 birthday day off
- Referral & Baby Bonus
- Modern & Cozy office in Sofia Tower 2 (Mall of Sofia) with a lot of gaming temptations – table tennis, air hockey, PS5, great board games collection, etc.
- Hot beverages at your disposal on daily basis + fresh fruits & snacks on weekly
- Access to office library, trainings and career development plan
- Active studio life – different events, parties, charity initiatives and more
- Occasional Gifts – celebrate special moments
- Exclusive discount program from retailers, restaurants, tech suppliers and more
If you are interested in our job offer, please send a CV. Applications will be processed in confidentiality.
Join The Game!
Leader in the development and publishing of games, Gameloft® has established itself as a pioneer in the industry, creating innovative gaming experiences for over 20 years. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms, from mobile to cross-platform titles for PC and consoles. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Dragon Mania Legends, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including LEGO®, Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel®, Lamborghini®, and Ferrari®. Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs 3,600 people worldwide. Every month, 55 million unique users can be reached by advertisers in Gameloft games with Gameloft for brands, a leading B2B offering dedicated to brands and agencies. Gameloft is a Vivendi company.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.