18 days ago
Exploding Kittens is a leading game and entertainment company with a mission to inspire people to connect, laugh, and play fun games in the physical world. After initially seeking to raise $10K through Kickstarter, the Exploding Kittens campaign raised $8.7M in 30 days from 219,000 backers. To date, Exploding Kittens is the #1 most-backed project in Kickstarter history and has sold over 18 million games. Started by former Xbox game designer Elan Lee and The Oatmeal’s
founder Matthew Inman, Exploding Kittens and its family of games seek to reshape traditional game night into an entertaining person-to-person experience. Today, there are nearly 30 games available for purchase as well as an Exploding Kittens mobile app that is one of the top 30 premium games on both iOS
, and the Nintendo Switch
console, as well as a free-to-play app, Kitty Letter.
As our Game Development Assistant you will be responsible for supporting the Game Development Team in prototyping, testing, and overall game/s improvement as we bring over 30 games to market that house our diverse portfolio including our future game releases. This will be a part-time position with full mobility to be converted to a full-time role.
HOW YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE:
- Making, assembling, and updating both physical prototypes and digital assets in platforms such as: Tabletop Simulator and Board Game Arena
- Assist in communications of department memos of all projects and games
- Ensure packages are sent out keeping in mind deadlines of projects
WHAT WE NEED:
- Proficiency in a variety of methods that include but not limited to: Glowforge, moldings, plastics, soft goods, and printing
- Working knowledge of digital game platforms such as Tabletop Simulator and Board Game Arena
- Experience working with 3D printers, Laser Cutters, including setup and management of STL/SVG files
- Experience in variety of mediums such as: paper, plastics, moldings, wood, cardboard
- Basic knowledge of Illustrator, Photoshop, and 3D modeling software such as SolidWorks or Fusion 360 (no technical functions required)
- Ability to balance multiple projects within shifting deadlines
- Ability to focus and adapt in a fast-paced environment
- Based in Los Angeles, not a remote position
WHAT WE OFFER:
- 100% Company paid medical, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Flexible spending account options (medical, dependent care, transit)401k with company matching
- Flexible paid vacation
- Learning & development allowance Monthly wellness benefit + complementary wellness subscriptions
- Complimentary lunches on Fridays (where we play games together!)
Please apply directly at jobs.lever.co/explodingkittens. Make sure to include a PDF of your current resume along with a cover letter.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity employer we are committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunity to applicants and employees regardless of sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), race (including protected hairstyles such as dreadlocks, braids and twists), religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, gender (including gender identity and gender expression and/or the fact that an individual is transgender, transitioning or transitioned), color, ancestry, national origin, possession of a driver’s license, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information/trait/condition, marital or familial status, family care or medical leave status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, membership in military reserves, political affiliation, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation We consider all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local, state and federal “ban the box” and “fair chance” laws.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.