This job might no longer be available.
Game Developer Intern, Unity
18 days ago
At Rovio you will get to work with multiple groundbreaking IP’s including one of the most famous game IP’s in the world: Angry Birds! We craft joy with player-focused gaming experiences that last for decades. In order to do that, we know that people need to bring their own joy to what we do. That’s why we value work-life balance, say no to crunch culture, and welcome people from all walks of life to join the flock. Today, we are a proud team of 500+ caring and talented professionals representing over 50 different nations.
We trust our teams to work autonomously by providing them the right tools and level of responsibility. We believe in our teams to remain creative and to keep learning – as well as ensuring everyone has opportunities for personal growth.
We are seeking a Game Developer Intern to join the team of six passionate and enthusiastic professionals for a duration of 6 months. As a Game Developer Intern, you will learn and help our team to maintain and develop our current games projects.
What we offer:
- Monthly salary of 2500 euros
- Learning opportunities through game development projects
- Lunch benefit
- Occupational healthcare services
- Daily breakfast, refreshments at the Espoo office
You will have impact and fun at work by:
- Working closely with our game designer to develop monthly content updates and new features for the Angry Birds Reloaded game
- Developing new game behaviours for some special levels of the game
- Using our available tools to complete level conversion
- Creating minor technical updates for our other existing Unity games
What we expect from you:
- Currently pursuing a Master’s degree in Game Development or relevant fields
- Right to work in Finland
- Experience with Unity 3D development and C# programming
- Familiarity with game programming for iOS and Android platforms
- Effective communication with stakeholders and fellow developers
- Problem-solving attitude
Would you like to jump on a journey with us?
- First stop: You’ll be meeting our Talent Acquisition Coordinator. We’re curious to hear more about your background, interests, general experiences and to understand your expectations better. We’ll also be happy to share you more about Rovio, the team and the position.
- Second stop: We will send you a small test where we’d like to see your game programming skills. It is a take-home exercise and you’ll have one week to accomplish it.
- Last stop: You’ll be meeting your future internship buddy and supervisor. We’ll discuss your test and also dive deeper into your skills and background.
We are looking to fill this position quickly and may close the job advertisement as soon as we move to the interview stage of the process. If you would like to take this adventure, apply for the job now through our job portal!
Please send your CV (and Portfolio when applicable) in English
We welcome applicants to use the name they want to be addressed by in the application form, regardless of whether it is their legal name.
At Rovio, we are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities or special needs in our working environment and job application procedures. We make all reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities or who otherwise need support to thrive in the workplace. We are committed to continuously improving workplace accessibility. If you have any questions before applying, please write to us at email@example.com .
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.