Game Designer (m/f/d)
20 days ago
About DECA Games
We believe that games should be played for decades but many are abandoned even when a loyal community is screaming to keep them alive. DECA specializes in acquiring games from other developers and reinvigorating them to continue to entertain for decades. When other studios see an old game, we see a fantastic set of problems to solve and a huge opportunity.
DECA is a remote company with over 300 people in over 30 countries globally. DECA is also a part of the Embracer Group, the largest public gaming company in Europe.
About our culture
We’ve managed to maintain a small company feel with the stability and resources of a much larger one. We fully believe in the flexibility of a remote workplace. Team members are trusted to manage their time and get things done independently. We think that egos and politics need to be checked at the virtual door. That means no jerks are allowed, that no job is too small for anyone, and an openness to help and learn from each other is required. We love the challenge of working within constraints and love when we succeed as a team. Check out more about us and our values on our website (www.decagames.com).
This is a remote position. You can work from anywhere in the world, with the only requirement being that you are available in the CET timezone (9 am - 6 pm CET).
About the role
We are looking for a Game Designer to join our team and support us on our liveOps-driven MMORPG. You will be directly responsible for ensuring the game’s features are paced in a way that engages our players, by understanding how they behave in-game, via a KPI-driven approach.
- General design responsibilities with a focus on:
- Content design.
- LiveOps and Event design.
- Monitoring KPIs for decision-making.
- Understanding and applying the game's vision.
- Writing thorough and complete feature documentation.
- Communicating designs clearly to other team members.
- Using industry standards as a benchmark.
- Analyzing user behavior from all available sources and aligning our design approach.
- Pitching solutions for core problems.
- 1-2 years of experience in games as a live service, ideally in a similar role.
- Good understanding of game theory (player journey, gameplay, learning curve, creating emotion, difficulty balancing, rewards, etc.).
- A passion for mmorpg’s and similar styled games.
- Proficiency in the use of Jira, Confluence, Google Sheets, and Microsoft Office.
- Proficiency in the creation of mockups and wireframes.
- Experience working with multidisciplinary teams.
- Analytical thinking and ability to break down problems to their core.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Speaking English at full professional proficiency.
- Experience in KPI-driven approaches and decision-making.
- High level of empathy and soft skills.
- Willingness to take responsibility.
- Facilitating positivity in a team.
- Ability to work fully remotely on a CET/CEST timezone and schedule.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Remote first company culture.
- Flexible work hours to support a personal work-life balance.
- Weekly remote Embodiment@Work breathing and workout exercises.
- Online language classes: English, German, French, Spanish, etc.
- Working in a multicultural environment with people from over 30 different countries.
- Flat hierarchies with an open-door policy.