9 days ago
As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to “level up” our talent. We’re searching for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
PERKS & BENEFITS
Unlimited Vacation, Paid Sick Days & Holidays
100% Employee Covered Medical, Dental, Vision Plan Base Plan
Life Insurance, 401k, Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits & More
Catered Lunches & Well-stocked Kitchens
Yoga & Wellness Activities
We are looking for a Game Designer to bring their game design skills to Jam City’s next new game! You’ll have the opportunity to work with world class IPs from Disney and Pixar, with the studio that developed the #1 mobile hit Disney Emoji Blitz!
The candidate will design a wide variety of features, events, meta systems, and other core mechanics necessary for the success of the game. They will support the Design Lead to push features through the entire development cycle including concept exploration, documentation, development, playtesting, and monitoring the feature in the live game.
Further, the candidate must have demonstrated experience in mobile free to play, have a deep understanding in game design theory, and be well versed with current mobile game trends.
**Open to fully remote candidates willing to work PDT hours.
**Qualified applicants will be expected to complete a Game Design test.
- Design a variety of features that support primary gameplay, supporting play loop content, and live operations.
- Develop concepts, write both 1-pager and detailed functional specs for new features, meta systems, social systems, events, sales, and more.
- Ensure implementation of features are built according to design specs and creative quality.
- Collaborate with the Design team and Product Managers on feature designs and feature road maps.
- Follow IP guidelines and feedback from Disney, feedback from internal teams and play testers.
- Modify designs as needed.
- Participate in various design brainstorms.
- Provide well thought, actionable feedback on other elements in the game to other designers.
- Continually research market trends, and incorporate up-to-the-minute features and strategies.
- Support an environment that encourages creativity and team empowerment. Implement content using proprietary tools and Unity.
- 3+ years of game industry design experience.
- At least 1 year of work experience designing mobile free-to-play (F2P) puzzle games, with at least one shipped F2P title.
- Experience designing a wide variety of game features, ranging from collection systems to events and sales.
- Outstanding spec writing and demonstrated success at communicating your designs and vision to colleagues across different disciplines.
- Understanding how to balance a high quality, fun player experience with product goals.
- Understanding player motivations, including those outside your personal gamer demographic.
- No-ego personality. Our team has a strong culture of trust, cooperation, and collaboration.
- Working knowledge of Unity.
NICE TO HAVE
- Affinity for Disney/ Pixar IP.
- Experience working with IP characters and following IP guidelines.
- Understanding of live operations requirements, content, and planning.
- Experience working with Product Managers and looking at live data.
- Waterfall, Agile and Scrum process experience.
- Serious passion for games—you are a gamer, and have been for years.
- Inspired to support a creative, collaborative world class design culture.
- Takes accountability and ownership of projects from start to finish.
- Problem solver, results oriented, self-motivated and disciplined.
- Able to multi-task like a pro.
- Ability to take direction and collaborate.
- Coding/Prototyping experience is a plus!
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY, & INCLUSION
We believe in creating games that unite people across the world and that showcase our commitment to providing an environment that is both inclusive and diverse for our players and employees. We strive to create a workforce that is reflective of our global player community as we know that we are stronger and better when we play together. To help promote an inclusive culture, we celebrate the visible and invisible diversity of our Jam Citizens through initiatives including Employee Resource Groups, cultural events, trainings, speaker series, and more.
Jam City is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, religion, ethnicity, marital, or domestic partnerships status, disability, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing), predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws. Our management is committed to following this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruiting, pay, and other forms of compensation, training, and general treatment during employment.
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.