This job might no longer be available.
1 year ago
It’s an exciting time in our London Studio! Having already established ourselves in the world of Slots we’re looking towards what our next exciting product will be and we’re looking for a Game Designer to help us!
Jackpot! About the GSN Games Casino Studio:
We believe that play matters and that’s why we create genre-leading games that are fun, engaging and rewarding. Joining GSN Games will give you a platform to work on incredible games while working alongside the best people in the business!
What You’ll Do:
As our Game Designer, you’ll work with the EVP & Production team, along with the Development Team, to design and execute high quality games that are in-line with the GSN brand. You will help us design, develop, configure and launch our next big social game on Mobile!
- Be the Studio’s central point of contact for the design needs of games
- Transform high-level feature designs into a detailed briefs, including their System Design
- Create and own the Design vision for any new features
- Clearly communicate every detail of the game’s design to the team
- Establish and communicate design standards; evolving current processes to increase clarity for the development teams and QA
- Work closely with the team leads to identify opportunities to excite and attract players.
- Collaborate with the wider team throughout the development process to ensure each milestone is hit
- Work with the Production Team to turn design ideas into actionable stories and tasks
- Understand what our players are looking for and use that knowledge to recommend improvements and features that will maximise their play
- Be the design evangelist for GSN’s Casino Studio through knowledge of competitor trends, insights, and the industry’s best-practices
- Review and analyse the app’s overall performance and make design-focused suggestions to drive engagement, retention, and monetization
- Research and apply best-practices from real money casino game design and evolve to the social casino to meet or exceed those standards
- Gather competitive intelligence by regularly researching and documenting trends and statistics
- Confidently communicate new designs and findings to the team by developing clear presentations
- You’ve taken at least one game design from conception through to release on Mobile platforms
- You have experience working in an agile, live-op’s environment
- You have an understanding of game project cycles and methodologies
- You’re a strong communicator, able to ensure your vision is clearly understood by a wide audience
- You can think on your feet and make decisions quickly
- You’re continually thinking of ways to improve the quality of your games
- You have a commitment to quality in everything that you do
- You can switch to being a practical and theoretical thinker when required
- You have the ability to remain pro-active in a small team environment
- You can identify the difference from fun ideas to well executed designs
- You’ve got experience with Narrative games
- You’ve got experience with Game Design for Female demographics
- You’ve got experience with UI/UX Design
- You’ve got experience refining Live-Ops features and configurations