Game Designer - Puzzle Levels (Panda Pop)
13 days ago
As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to “level up” our talent. We’re on the hunt for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
PERKS & BENEFITS
Unlimited Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Kin Care & Holidays*
100% Covered Medical and Company-Sponsored Dental & Vision ( Plans Vary )*
Life Insurance, 401k, Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits & More*
Wellness Activities & Programs (Yoga & Zumba)
12 Weeks Paid Parental Leave*
*Only applies to full-time positions.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Currently, we are searching for a Game Designer to join our Panda Pop team! We are searching for a designer who is passionate about creating enjoyable bubble shooter levels that challenge our players and features that keep them coming back again and again. If you love fine-tuning and perfecting mobile games, this is the role for you!
- Design, tune, and rework new and existing Panda Pop levels.
- Learn and master proprietary editor tools built in Unity to create and edit new content. We are looking for problem solvers who know what tools need to be built to get the job done, but also imagineers that can think outside of the box whether they are working on features or creating content.
- Propose, spec, and deliver new ideas and features that not only contribute to the success of the game but help push the industry standard.
- Analyze data and know when to help the team make the best decisions based on what the data indicates.
- Write clean, clear documentation for the design of new tools, features, and events.
- Work closely and communicate with team members to create truly compelling and innovative content. We expect you to have a strong desire to work in a collaborative group dynamic, and the ability to give and receive constructive feedback.
- Collaborate with product, art, and engineering teams when creating features or specs.
- Stay current with market trends, watching closely for any new developments which could benefit the project.
- Experienced: you have 3+ years of experience in the games industry with at least 1 game shipped. But whether you’ve had previous experience in economics, engineering, or even philosophy, we are looking for someone that can think creatively and translate outside expertise into creative horsepower.
- Intellectually curious: whether you have a degree or not, you understand that learning never ends -- you are a student of the game. You are able to articulate concepts as much as you are able to absorb new ones. You constantly seek challenges and opportunities to grow and learn. You understand that all of this comes with hustle and the insatiable curiosity to not only be the best version of yourself but to help your peers do the same.
- A student of game design: when you play games, you don’t get lost in the experience. Instead, you break them down. You identify the systems, mechanics, and loops that make the game fun. Yet you understand that all ideas and mechanics deserve to be examined and are open to exploration or innovation.
- A gamer: you have a passion for play. Whether you are on console, PC, tabletop, or mobile, you can identify and explain any game’s strengths and weaknesses and how they compare to the industry status quo.
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience on a match 3, bubble shooter, or other F2P puzzle mobile game in live-ops.
- Experience having developed your own games and are familiar with a game dev engine.
- Knowledge, passion, and desire for working on puzzle-style titles.
- Played Jam City games!
- College degree.
CHECK OUT LIFE AS A JAM CITIZEN:
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY, & INCLUSION
We believe in creating games that unite people across the world and that showcase our commitment to providing an environment that is both inclusive and diverse for our players and employees. We strive to create a workforce that is reflective of our global player community as we know that we are stronger and better when we play together. To help promote an inclusive culture, we celebrate the visible and invisible diversity of our Jam Citizens through initiatives including Employee Resource Groups, cultural events, trainings, speaker series, and more.
Jam City is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, religion, ethnicity, marital, or domestic partnerships status, disability, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing), predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws. Our management is committed to following this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruiting, pay, and other forms of compensation, training, and general treatment during employment.
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Chris DeWolfe, former MySpace co-founder and CEO, and COO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.