Game Designer II, PXM - Legends of Runeterra
5 months ago
Legends of Runeterra (LoR) is our new collectible card game (CCG) featuring beloved Champions from the League of Legends universe. On our team, we’re looking for Systems Game Designers at multiple levels to design experiences!
As a Game Designer II on our PXM team (Personalization, Xpression and Metagame), you'll report directly to the Systems Design Lead and be front and center in defining the direction of our game. You'll partner with leads from multiple disciplines to ensure that our game is the best it can be, leaving no conceptual stone unturned. You'll be an advocate for design excellence, and level up those around you. You’ll apply critical thinking and a strong dose of imagination to engineer the fun of thrilling in and out-of-game experiences for LoR we are collaborating on. You'll work with every tool at hand and collaborate with multiple interdisciplinary teams to create player-focused designs that'll delight millions around the world.
- Understand the relevant audiences for the product, and from this, calibrate your design expertise to reflect appropriate taste for these audiences
- Articulate and consider a scope and depth of possible solutions, including possible effects, and collaboratively reach the best solution
- Discover new opportunities conceptually and through rapid prototyping
- Design experiences with globally resonant thematics
- Implement content with our scripting tools
- Apply and build an approach to design - identify what is compelling, how that translates to other contexts, and articulate why it works
- Perform and perfect unique solutions within your responsibilities
- Improve existing design frameworks, and create new ones
- Engage with other team members.
- Openly share work and seek feedback from other developers. Combine co-worker and player feedback to calibrate design direction
- Choose appropriate means of communicating design intent to other developers
- At least 3 years experience as a professional game designer
- Broad mechanics and systems design ability, demonstrated by experience in large, ambiguous spaces
- Experience designing progression, onboarding, or social systems
- Knowledge of CCGs and their features
- Experience with scripting languages making content
- Experience working with or playing PvP strategy games
- Substantial direct experience in the prototype/early stages of a feature development
- Experience developing a competitive or multiplayer game
- Experience managing direct reports or mentoring others
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
Please include a list of your favorite video games that you've played
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).