This job might no longer be available.
Game Designer – Chinese Region Expert
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
7 months ago
Wargaming is looking for a Game Designer experienced developing games for the Chinese market. Our environment is a combination of casual creativity and functional productivity with an emphasis on fun games and solid engineering.
One of the most satisfying aspects of life at Wargaming is seeing your work flourish in the expanding world of Wargaming titles and interacting with the millions of fans around the world who recognize your achievements. You will work closely with Game Designers, UI\UX, Production and other team members to create a broad spectrum of purpose-built artwork.
The Lead Game Designer.
What will you do?
- Review all in game and out of game content to ensure they meet country standards.
- Review and create designs to meet government requirements.
- Ensure game content maintains a high quality and meets the expectation of the local market.
- Facilitate prototypes of UI flows and gameplay elements appropriate for the local market.
- Constantly research industry trends in the regional markets with an eye towards improving our own games.
What are we looking for?
- Minimum of three years of experience in design or production in released games for the region.
- Excellent language and writing skills in both Mandarin and English.
- Familiar with the production and operation of AAA PC, Console or Mobile games in the region.
- Experience in designing systems, monetization and features to meet the market’s expectations.
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Knowledge of Military vehicles from around the world.
- A solid grasp of online communities and social media in the region.
- Experience in bringing western games to the regional market.
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Delivering legendary games since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the free-to-play MMO gaming industry with 4500+ employees and more than 20 offices globally. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming’s titles across all major gaming platforms, including the massively popular World of Tanks and World of Warships.
Working in our company means always having interesting challenges and gaining valuable experience while working with top-class experts.
Take your place among our passionate and experienced team and bring out the best in yourself at Wargaming!