Game Designer [Avatar] (f/m/d)
Düsseldorf NRW de
7 days ago
We are looking for a Game Designer to join us at Ubisoft Düsseldorf (Germany) and bolster the team in developing the Avatar game project, using Snowdrop together with Ubisoft Massive.
As a Game Designer you will create and improve gameplay features and game content. You highest priority will be providing fun and innovative game mechanics. In achieving this you will work closely with like-minded colleagues, from a variety of disciplines including artists, animators and programmers, from studios around the World.
- As part of the game content creation team, you will design, improve and balance features and mechanics of the game
- Create and maintain detailed design specification of game features and support the development team in the implementation of said features
- Prototype designs with fast iteration using Snowdrop to prove concepts and develop quality metrics to assess their viability relative to requirements
- Facilitate communication between designers, artists and programmers to ensure that the quality and implementation match the intended direction/vision
- Design and ownership of assigned game features and content in-line with the Avatar project’s vision and quality standards, set by the creative director and your lead designer
- Quickly iterate designs to continuously improve the game’s quality
- Work with game engine & tools to add and tweak content in the game
- Work closely with team members to ensure that design specifications are met and adhere to high quality expectations of the Avatar project
- Focusing on the player experience as the ultimate metric for the quality of any feature and content
- Evaluate player feedback and improve features based on analysis
- Three+ years of industry experience, preferably working on console games (shipping of at least one AAA title is a plus)
- Experience designing gameplay features for an action game.
- Experience with player character mechanics and designing player controls (3C’s)
- Tools of the trade: Office, flowcharts, Photoshop, level editor
- Intense creativity, a passion to innovate, and the drive to go beyond what is directly asked of you
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Fluent in English, both verbally and written
- A degree, or near equivalent qualification, in game design
- Experience working with Technical Game Engines (i.e. Unreal, Unity, etc.)
- Experience with designing gameplay systems for an open world game
- Relocation Support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance.
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and approximately 11 bank holidays in the NRW region.
- Flexible Working Hours: We have core working times between 10:00 AM – 04:00 PM and the distribution of the other hours is up to you.
- Opportunities for growth on your desired career path: Leadership training, workshops, guest speakers from the industry, online Ubisoft learning platform, coaches, Experts and library.
- Company Pension Scheme. We offer an attractive scheme through salary sacrificing in which the employer also matches contributions
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month. In addition, we also offer 5 ‘care for ill children days’ per child per year.
- Discounted Games. We regularly order Ubisoft Games for super cheap prices for our employees.
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Lunch & Breakfast Service. Enjoy fresh discounted meals each day.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket.
- Our Ubisoft Blue Byte Academy offers multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas.
- English and German classes for free. Main language in the studio is English.
- Free fresh Fruit, Coffee, Tea and Water. Enjoy fresh fruit and beverages in our office.
We offer a highly interesting challenge for a team player including the possibility to show personal initiative. If you are passionate about video games and VR and would like to work with like-minded professionals in an international team, please apply via our career portal.
The application must include your resume, portfolio, and a cover letter detailing your earliest starting date, salary expectations and motivation
For further information please check www.bluebyte.de and www.ubisoft.com.
Ubisoft Blue Byte GmbH
Luise-Rainer Str. 7
Geschäftsführer: Yves Guillemot
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Düsseldorf
Amtsgericht Düsseldorf HRB Nr. 51772
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to players. In our German studios in Mainz, Düsseldorf and Berlin, we are working on brands like “Anno”, “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, "Far Cry", James Cameron's "Avatar", "Beyond Good and Evil 2", “Ubisoft Escape Games", “The Settlers” and many more.