Game Designer (3C)
3 days ago
WHAT YOUR JOURNEY WILL BE
The Game Designer role is to support the design process, ensuring features and project success. She/He creates, and help others create, clear and innovative feature designs that are well documented and actionable .
The role has a major emphasis on creativity, documentation, organization, internal and external communication and problem solving.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Own the 3C's area of special expertise within the game design team in agreement with leads and game management;
- Design of systems/content following the creative and game direction;
- Champion and driving force for the features/content in charge of, always pushing to improve the quality & fun of what is in the game;
- Ensure that the gameplay properly fits the game design requirements;
- By following the direction set by the Lead Game Designer, work on any and all aspects of Game Design by using the proper methods to provide accurate and meaningful designs;
- Create new gameplay systems while balancing and fine-tuning existing core gameplay features;
- Creating gameplay and menu flowcharts as documentation and means of conveying your design ideas;
- Cross functional collaboration with other departments (art, programming, tech, production, realization, QA);
- Contribute to tool creation and improvements.
Communication and Collaboration:
- Demonstrate ownership of tasks, push for what you need;
- Develop clear documentation as needed;
- Always perform due diligence checks with Tech and Tech Design;
- Foster close collaboration with other members within the team, ensuring continued progress and quality delivery, and strong team cohesion;
- Help create a work environment that motivates and fosters creativity.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Relevant experience working on AAA titles, current and next-gen consoles (multiplayer and Game as a service preferred);
- Exposure to 3C's in gaming environment;
- Adept at combining rules, constraints into challenging and engaging gameplay
- Analytically minded and organized. Has a good understanding of what it takes to go from initial concept to a full, fun and functional game experiences
- Ability to accept critique, ability to listen and work with a multidisciplinary team
- Good communicator (spoken and written) and good interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of games and the industry
WHAT YOU’LL ENJOY
Check out our list of perks and benefits here: https://www.ubisoftsingapore.com/
JOIN THE SQUAD
Making games is serious business, but it's very important for us to have fun while creating awesome worlds so that we can convey the same sense of joy to millions of players in the world.
Come on board and experience #LifeAtUbi for yourself, we are always on the lookout for talents who thrive in bringing their A-game to work. If this sounds like you, shoot us your resume, portfolio, and anything else to show that you’re serious about fun!
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
CREATOR OF WORLDS
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Since opening its doors in 2008, Ubisoft Singapore has become the biggest AAA game development studio in Southeast Asia. The 500-strong studio is home to 35+ different nationalities focused on delivering ambitious gaming experiences to our players. Ubisoft Singapore has been contributing to all the Assassin’s Creed® titles since Assassin’s Creed® II. It innovated within the franchise as the studio behind the naval battle gameplay and water technology in Assassin’s Creed® III, Assassin’s Creed® IV Black Flag® and most recently in Assassin’s Creed® Valhalla. Its expertise in AAA and live operations, combined with a passion for naval gameplay, pushed the team to lead the development of Skull and Bones™ revealed at E3 in 2017.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.