Game Community Manager I
Toronto Ontario M6R 2L2 Canada
7 days ago
The Game Community Manager plays a very important role in Uken’s social presence on game platforms. This role will evangelize Uken’s people, culture and brand internally and externally by publishing meaningful content and engaging with our followers as well as being the voice of our players internally by adhering and analyzing feedback from player communities and social media channels. This role reports to the Game Community Manager II and works closely with other Game Community Managers and Product Managers for their assigned title(s).
You’ll be working on meaningful things like:
- Sharing the the voice of our players internally; gathering and analyzing user feedback from both community emails and social media channels in order to deliver concise, actionable feedback to the game team
- Compassionately communicates with users directly on social media as well as on App Store reviews and in some cases by email
- Communicates bug fixes and user experience improvements internally to the game team; representing community needs to product managers, game designers and QA
- Liaises with an external support team responsible for managing the bulk of user email responses; maintaining daily contact and keeping a pulse on any trends noticed regarding new issues
- Proactively review incoming tickets via game-specific Slack channel to help identify trending issues before they are flagged by the customer care team
- Maintain and update resources and reference material related to the specific products you manage including customer care website
- Is the social media and community expert for the game internally; stays on top of social trends, competitor pages and policies which may impact existing campaigns and community management processes
- Owns the social media content creation and planning calendar for the game to capture both new and existing user interest; iteratively creates innovative campaigns that drive engagement and growth of the page(s)
- Develops social media creative asset briefs and manages the asset creation process from ideation to completion, working directly with skilled artists to execute on the established asset brief
- Owns the performance reporting process on both community emails and social media channels; defines and reports on established KPIs which demonstrate success and ROI of community programs and content
- Delivers reports to key stakeholders within the organization on a weekly basis, or based on the needs of the product team.
- Continuously identifies and develops new initiatives for VIP users in collaboration with the Product Team to elevate the level of service for these users
- Manages customer facing documentation including game FAQ, maintaining it frequently based on new features and changes to the game with updates
- Create post mortem/learning summaries on notable community initiatives to be shared with the community team on a regular basis.
- Ad hoc projects and assistance as required
Your background should include:
- Experience managing online communities and developing community engagement programs leading to proven growth of the community
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or Public Relations, or related experience is helpful but not required
- Experience working in a demanding customer oriented environment, ability to remain positive and objective when dealing with the emotions of users
- Ability to multi-task and deliver within deadlines with minimal error or constant reminders; doesn’t easily get overwhelmed
- Attention to detail, thoroughness; delivers to expectations and beyond using self-initiative
- Exceptional writing skills including messaging, content marketing, and storytelling
- Experience managing social media channels such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Glassdoor and tools such as Hootsuite, Google Analytics
- Doesn’t accepts errors so easily; desire to continuously learn and grow
- Willingness to jump in where needed, when needed
We believe in a fun & meaningful work environment:
- You'll be equipped with a high end laptop, mobile device
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Fully catered breakfast, lunch, and a snack-filled kitchen (in office)
- Uken Social Nights such as games night, social mixers and more...
- Convenient location at the corner of Front and John St.
Note: Due to Covid-19, this role will begin as a work from home position and will move to 15 John St. when the office re-opens.
Uken builds games that people everywhere love. Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? and Jeopardy! World Tour are the top 2 trivia games, engaging millions of global players every month.
We consider ourselves data driven designers, technologists, and artists. Through collaboration, we pair the craft of design with feedback and data to deliver a pace and rhythm in each game session that immerses our audience and leaves them wanting more. We have a quirky, nerdy culture that fosters creativity, collaboration, quality ideas, and a data driven mindset. We believe in moving quickly and improving constantly and that mantra is reflected in the weekly updates we make to our games and internal technologies. We have an appetite for pushing technical boundaries but with a focus on practical use.
We take entertainment seriously.
Uken welcomes applications from visible minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, and others who would contribute to the further diversification of our team.
Uken is committed to offering reasonable accommodation to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org