***Grace Hopper Celebration Attendees ONLY, other applicants will not be reviewed.
All other applicants, please check our careers page in October for our standard Internship job postings and apply then***
Platform Engineering Intern
Dreamhaven is home to multiple game development studios and a central support team. This includes global operations, publishing, and partnership functions that can also help independent developers build and launch their games.
Are you looking for an amazing internship opportunity in the games industry? If you’re someone who loves collaboration and working with technologies across an entire company, then this opportunity may be a great fit for you! We’re looking for an engineering intern to join the Publishing Platform team. This team is responsible for the products, infrastructure, technology and operations that power and support Dreamhaven’s future games and other products.
What you’ll do
You'll be part of the central engineering team supporting the Dreamhaven game publishing platform to bring our games to desktop, mobile, and console platforms. This team creates reusable technology services and tools for Dreamhaven’s internal game studios who are looking to build games through our platform. You will keep the game developers' experience in mind as you assist with tools and scripting, documentation, SDK development, microservices creation, and other solutions to support our platform and game developers.
You’ll have opportunity to be exposed to and work with a variety of platforms and technology, including:
- Console, mobile and desktop development environments
- Game engine middleware such as Unity and Unreal engines
- 1st party and 3rd party technologies and SDKs
What we are looking for
- Someone who is familiar with C++, C#, or Golang; has contributed meaningfully in these languages to a final product either in a commercial, academic or personal development setting
- Someone who is interested in learning game engines (Unreal Engine and Unity)
- Someone who has previous work or internship experience in software engineering
- Someone who is familiar with one or more cloud service providers (AWS, GCP, etc)
- Someone who is familiar with integrating with third party services via RESTful APIs
Who you are
- You enjoy playing video games on any kind of platform (mobile, consoles, PC, etc.)
- You have a strong desire to empower others
- You are willing to dive into unknowns and do lots of research
- You have a passion for working on platforms supporting multiple game teams
- You are open to listening to and embracing different perspectives
- You are comfortable working on not-well-defined problems and working to define and resolve them methodically
- Github or code samples
To be considered for a Dreamhaven internship you must be:
- Currently enrolled in a college or university, pursuing a degree
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Able to work full-time for 12 weeks
- Able to relocate to Orange County to work on-site
Dreamhaven is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and welcome diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment.
Dreamhaven Candidate Privacy Notice