Functionality QA Video Games Tester
17 days ago
A world-class partner to the games industry, trusted to deliver the highest quality services with passion, expertise and agility
To serve our partners by enhancing the experience of gamers across the world through our passionate and expert team
Quality, Passion, Agility, Customer Intimacy, Teamwork
Over the last 20 years Universally Speaking has built a reputation as a trusted partner in supporting studios to make some of the world’s greatest games and applications.
Games are only great when you step forward and bring your best skills to the team. Are you ready for your challenge?
You will be one of the first people to experience the game and will be part of a dynamic, high performing and multi-disciplined team whose mission is to get the game ready for release.
You’ll have a passion to get things right, you are thorough in your attention to detail, you’re open to learning new skills and work hard to hit deadlines.
It doesn’t matter if this is your first job or you’ve been working for years, you’ll want to be part of the best testing team on the planet where every day you’re learning as you work on a variety of different projects.
What would you do at work?
- Your job is to make sure games and applications give the best user experience by being bug free.
- To do this you will learn how to follow the Universally Speaking QA process and professional standards which we have optimised over the years to be the best in the industry.
- You’ll use a variety of industry standard bug databases to write detailed bug reports that get you noticed as someone who is trusted and cares about making games better.
- Reporting issues is where it starts but you’ll also have ownership to ensure that bugs have been fixed and implemented correctly.
- You’ll become the QA Expert across a broad range of Indie to AAA projects and given areas of specialisation
- You’ll own, manage, create, and regularly execute test cases throughout the project life cycle. This includes document testing practises, QA process & reporting method.
- You’ll actively participate in test requirement gathering with developers to ensure QA effectively tests and supports all features of the project.
- You’ll be one step ahead in looking at ways to make improvements, take ownership for additional activities and create efficiencies in the way you work.
Measures of Performance
- Quality, velocity and precision of bug reports
- On time delivery
- Team working and communication
- Continuous improvement and knowledge of QA workflow and techniques
You are a great match if you:
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Are passionate about video games
- Are quick learning and adaptable
- Have a focus on quality and a keen eye for detail
- Have an inquisitive mind
- Are a team player, with the ability to work under pressure within tight deadlines
- Are pro-active, tenacious, and enthusiastic
- Are good with computers – word processing, database handling, record keeping, good working knowledge of MS Office Suit
- Are familiar with varied systems and hardware, from PC to console to mobiles
- Are happy to work in our offices in Central Liverpool
- Are reliable and consistent
- Have the Right to Work in the UK
It’s really useful if you have done some of the following but if not, we can teach you:
- Management and execution of automated tests
- Used version control software, issue task tracking or project management tools
- Been part of games development projects or jams in the past and know something about development engines
- Experience in using Jira
What can we offer you?
- Lunch and Learns
- Management Development
- Wellbeing Portal including Live Chat and Support
- Access to Counselling and structured therapy
- Qualified nurses on hand to offer support on a range of medical or health-related issues offering practical information and advice
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Social events and celebrations