Stockholm 118 66 SE
3 months ago
In this role you will work on various development projects focused on delivering new and updated features for players, Paradox game studios, and internal tools. You will be part of a team tasked with designing, building, and shaping the effort in realizing features which enrich our Paradox ecosystem. This also means that you will be working closely with all of the Paradox game development studios, as well as the publishing organization, in order to maximize the consumption of our services to guarantee we continue delivering Paradox signature experiences.
As part of the Mods team you will work on our Paradox Modding platform and it’s related services. The Modding platform consists of backend NodeJS services running in a Kubenertes environment, as well as a React-based UI layer to allow players to discover and interact with Mods. The platform also includes several internal services and backoffice UI to enable the curation and moderation of uploaded content and configuring filters, featured content, etc.
What you will be doing:
- React UI development for both desktop web browsers and embedded UI runtime with a limited, albeit modern, set of the JS/CSS spec available
- Maintain the automated build and deployment pipeline
What we need to see:
- Extensive experience with NodeJS.
- At least 1 year experience with ReactJS (or 2+ years for similar SPA like Angular).
- At least 1 year experience with relational databases
- General understanding of how backend APIs work (CRUD, REST, etc.).
- General understanding of best practices for data caching, realtime data/websockets, and writing APIs
- Clear understanding and grasp on API security and data access management
- General understanding of best practices for data caching and writing APIs
Ways to stand out from the crowd:
- Experience with database queries performance debugging and optimization.
- Experience running applications on a cloud service (AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud or the like)
- Professional or hobby experience debugging Windows, Linux, and/or OSX native OS functionality
- Previous experience working on a live product or service designed to be frequently updated.
- Experience working with GameFace/Prysm or similar web-based embedded UI system
- Ability to thrive in uncertain and ambiguous environments where priorities can shift month-to-month, both internally and externally
- Experience in working at a “as-a-service” or “as-a-platform” company
- Good understanding and practical experience of Agile methodologies
- Test-oriented mindset with unit and/or integration tests written using a standard library such as Mocha/TestCafe
We believe you are a service-minded, driven, and explorative individual; You are comfortable with solving problems and working autonomously within a group. Your role in a team is flexible and can include being the one who identifies viable solutions and implements appropriate solutions, as well as mentor others. Your English communication skills, both verbal and oral, are excellent and are backed by patience in taking the time to understand others as well as in explaining yourself.
Scope: Full time and permanent
Reports to: Programming Manager
Location: This position is based in Stockholm, Sweden
Some of our benefits include:
If you think that this description matches you, we highly encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we will interview candidates continuously. If you don't match all the requirements, please demonstrate how your passion, attitude and interest in Paradox might compensate for this.
At Paradox Interactive we celebrate difference and care deeply about diversity and inclusion. We therefore encourage you, no matter who you are, to apply for this job if you think you’d be a great addition to our team.