Full Stack Web Developer
Montreal QC ca
14 days ago
As part of a group that specializes in game telemetry data collection and processing, the full stack web developer will join the team tasked with creating and developing Ubisoft’s main dashboard to bring together the use metrics of all our games in a single access point.
The incumbent will design, implement and ensure the smooth operation of web tools, from developing dynamic and engaging UI to solving complex issues related to scalability and big data processing through distributed APIs.
By contributing to the corporation’s most extensively consulted application, the developer’s work will impact Ubisoft’s decision makers and, through them, our gamers.
Join the team!
Our tools and technologies
- Angular, Rxjs, Redux/ngrx, Jest
- NodeJS (NestJS, Restify)
- Redis/MongoDB/SQL Server for databases
- Docker/Kubernetes/Gitlab CI for the test and integration pipeline
- Our tools must also be integrated into several internal APIs.
- Focus on the implementation of best development practices (ongoing integration, code review, pair programming, etc.)
The day-to-day of a full stack developer at Ubi Montréal
- Develop and maintain mainly front-end applications, as well as back-end applications to meet the needs of in-house clients
- Compile, understand and analyze the product manager’s needs and contribute to the development of new features
- Validate and verify whether the newly developed systems are in line with project intentions and remain coherent with current code and optimize when required
- Determine and correct bugs
- Document the work to transfer knowledge and enable other users (work units) to understand and use the new systems and features
- Take part in the team’s daily activities
What you bring
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or computer engineer or equivalent training
- Minimum five years’ experience in web programming
- Interest in devops (deployment, ongoing integration)
- Ability to understand and account for user needs
- Resourcefulness, initiative and ability to resolve issues through elegant and innovative solutions
- Dedication to quality expressed throughout the development cycle (through questions, unit tests, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to adapt to change
- Results focus
- GO lang
- Java / C#
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.