This job might no longer be available.
Full Stack Software Engineer (C#) | Halo Infinite
Burnaby, British Columbia
3 months ago
Build amazing experiences in Halo Infinite , connect players across platforms in Minecraft , unleash your creativity on original IP or think strategy with Magic: The Gathering Arena . SkyBox Labs is a game development studio that works on some of the world’s most iconic games. Our current projects include working as a co-developer on Halo Infinite , projects in the Minecraft Universe , supporting the development of Magic: The Gathering Arena , and original title, Stela . As one of Vancouver’s fastest-growing game studios, since our inception in 2011, SkyBox Labs has evolved from a group of 8 people developing independent projects to a team of over 180 engineers, artists, designers, producers, and more.
We are seeking an experienced full stack C# Software Engineer to join us on the development of Halo Infinite, the next iteration of the Halo franchise! Working closely with the infrastructure and narrative teams, the person in this role will be responsible for the build and refinement of tools and pipelines critical to the implementation of the game vision.
This role is open to those new to the games industry, as well as veterans who love making games for the enjoyment of world-wide fans.
- Work in C# to build and refine various tools and web applications for the development of the game
- Bring a dialog management and implementation tool to a high level of usability
- Regularly communicate with internal team members, as well as our partners outside the studio via various communication channels (including irregular short trips to Seattle)
- Work both independently and collaboratively to solve problems efficiently and effectively
- At least 2 + years of proven industry experience in full stack web or tools development
- Proficiency in either ASP.NET, MVC, and/or Web API
- Significant work experience in MS SQL Server
- Experience working with Git or another version control system
- Experience working with Telerik Kendo UI would be highly valued
- Knowledge of Microsoft Power Automate (previously called Micrsoft Flow)
- Experience with MSFT Azure
- Basic knowledge of IIS
- Experience working with a unit testing framework
- Familiarity with Angular/React framework
- Comprehension or experience with C++
- Game development experience
A Culture of Empowerment, Collaboration and Personal Growth
Our studio’s success can be attributed to our culture of empowerment, collaboration and personal growth. We employ a flat structure where all team members are heard, respected and trusted. We encourage knowledge sharing and personal growth through our many Lunch & Learns and frequent feedback. This culture is underscored by our strong commitment to work-life balance.
One major thing that we’re proud of is that we’ve been able to grow a 180+ person studio while cultivating an inclusive grassroots culture. We value our team members’ various backgrounds, hobbies, skills, and interests and this is demonstrated through our broad spectrum of social clubs: Join our soccer team, fitness group, potluck club, or one of our many D&D groups - you can even start your own!
SkyBox Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Although we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.