Full Stack Developer (with Backend Emphasis)
12 days ago
The ustwo Europe Studio is looking for an experienced senior full-stack software developer to help us grow our digital product team. Specifically, we’re looking for someone who can work across the web stack, but has a particular emphasis on backend and infrastructure development.
Here at ustwo, we’re renowned for crafting amazing digital experiences. Whether for our roster of international clients and partners, or for our homegrown ventures, we shape, design, build and test digital products/services with users at the very heart of our approach.
As the world changes around us, the challenges our clients are asking us to take on are becoming more fundamental, more strategic and more vital than ever to the success of their organisations.
As a developer you will work to solve difficult problems and build beautiful and intuitive products within a cross-functional team of technologists, designers, product owners and agile coaches.
- Current in your practice. You have solid software development fundamentals and a working understanding of modern, best-practice software development practices and workflow. You keep up with the latest trends in technology.
- Highly Collaborative. Able to work collaboratively in multidisciplinary teams of designers, developers and product managers using Agile and Lean principles.
- A clear communicator . Capable of conveying ideas and breaking down concepts clearly to a diverse range of stakeholders (verbally and written).
- Open to sharing. Whether that be your thoughts, ideas and work in-progress.
- Want to grow . You seek out opportunities to learn, promoting regular feedback with those who you work with.
- Resilient . Can handle pressure and work in a dynamic and fast-moving environment.
- Adaptable . Can handle ambiguity and are comfortable switching contexts and able to apply your practice across a range of industries and different deliverables and goals.
- You have a minimum of 4-5 years professional development experience.
- Strong experience in Node.js for backend services (e.g. Express).
- Strong experience with React, or another major web framework such Angular.
- Experience with containerised services and orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, etc.)
- Working knowledge of modern cross-browser HTML5+, ES6+ and CSS3+
- Applying the best design patterns for various application requirements (MVC, MVVM, Mediator, Rx, Flux, etc.)
- Awareness of the most established libraries, their ecosystems and how to choose between them
- Knowledge about choosing the best databases and their characteristics (SQL / NoSQL / real-time, etc.)
- Experience with API integration / testing / design / implementation (e.g. REST, GraphQL, etc.).
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration / Deployment
- Experience with automated testing (e.g. unit, integration, API, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working within agile environments including Scrum / Kanban.
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience with deploying, hosting, securing, monitoring and scaling in the cloud (Google Cloud Platform or AWS) and experience with configuration management tools (e.g. Terraform, Chef, Puppet, KMS, etc.)
- Experience in building highly scalable and resilient web applications
- Practical experience with TDD and / or BDD (using frameworks such as Mocha, Jest, Cucumber, Rspec, Capybara, Selenium, etc.)
We strongly believe in hiring for diversity, and we want to hire people who display strong potential. The key to your success and our success is hiring people who have a passion to constantly learn, share knowledge with others and display constant curiosity. We believe in the power of the introvert and extroverts and our Studio culture provides opportunities for colleagues of all persuasions to be heard, have ownership and clear opportunities to progress.
We have a very warm and welcoming culture. We are a very transparent company and work hard to distribute leadership across the studio. We are an equal opportunity employer and very much value diversity and inclusion. We believe diverse teams help us make better products and we actively hire for cultural growth. We seek people of all ages, genders, stories, cognitive capabilities and backgrounds.
Salary Band in London (Senior: £55,000 - £75,000)
Salary Band in Lisbon (Senior: €50,000 - €60,000)