Full Stack Developer
19 days ago
About the job
Ready for your next adventure?
We are Socialpoint, a world-renowned mobile games studio based in sunny Barcelona. Our games are positioned in the top rankings of both iOS and Android, and they are played and loved by millions of fans all over the world. We are proud members of the Take-Two Interactive and Zynga family, and we are on a mission to offer a great gaming experience and bring fun to everyone!
What will you do at Social Point?
As a Fullstack Developer you will build the sharpest tools to provide our game teams with the best assistance they need to excel in their work. You will contribute to designing, developing and tweaking meaningful tools that will provide your teammates with invaluable help and will allow them to focus on their jobs. You will work closely with other awesome professionals and will empower the workflow of their processes providing them with productive solutions for their needs.
Most of the services developed and under development require supporting visual tools in order to optimize and streamline the usage of the services, this will be your main goal.
Concretely, you must master frontend technologies but also feel comfortable working with backend technologies, and have intermediate systems knowledge, in order to:
- Develop services and tools using the existing frontend and backend technologies
- Deploy products to production environments, maintain, monitor and extend existing services and tools
This is you
- Hands-on experience with AngularJS or React
- Experience developing SPA (Single Page Applications)
- Experience with server side technology: PHP or Golang
- Good understanding version control systems like Git
- Deep knowledge debugging web applications
- Deep knowledge implementing client-server communication with protocols such as REST, RPC, WebSockets or others
- Committed with code quality and familiar with Continuous Integration, Code Coverage and static code analysis tools.
- Structured and analytical
- Passionate about programming, software architecture and patterns, user experience, and best practices
You also are
- Creative and practical at the same time
- Ability to work fast, quickly get up to speed with existing code, and learn new concepts easily
- Outstanding teamwork skills (in their team and with other teams)
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Excellent organization skills
- Good communication skills
- Transparent with the manager and with the team
- Accept suggestions and constructive criticism
- Open attitude when leaving the comfort zone (new technologies, procedures…)
- Experience with other server side technologies: NodeJS, PHP, Golang, Python
- Experience with Android or iOS development: C++, Unity
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
What's in it for you as a Socialpointer?
- Due to the COVID-19 crisis, we have employed a hybrid working from home/office system. So, what does this mean? All we ask is that you live within commuting distance of our office in Barcelona so you are able to come into the office for important meetings/events.
- Relocation support to help you move to Barcelona (if you’re not already here).
- An impressive 25 days annual leave, not including public holidays.
- A very generous ticket-restaurant to restore some life-points.
- Private medical insurance for you and your family, to keep your health bar full.
- Choose from the latest IOS or Android device upon joining (phone or tablet).
- Free language lessons (English & Spanish).
- Spotify Premium to add that special soundtrack that every adventure deserves.
- Legendary social events & parties to let off some steam.
- Players develop…Oops, sorry! People development is key for us: an amazing budget just for you to spend skilling up your abilities & knowledge to achieve real growth opportunities!
Check Out Some Of Our Onsite Benefits
Coming to work in the office. Don’t worry - we have you covered.
- Want to stay in shape? We have state of the art gym facilities so you can level up your build stats.
- A massive gaming room equipped with all consoles and games you could ask for.
- Book an appointment with our onsite physiotherapist for your aches and pains.
- Drop by our onsite hairdressers for a trim (and forget your wallet; it's a Guild perk).
The list just goes on & on... so get your game on & apply now!
Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you. Please click “apply” to level up and submit your application in English.
Socialpoint is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You’re welcome on the team no matter where you’re from, who you like, what you look like, or if you prefer Xbox over Playstation. It’s a trick question – mobile wins every time! We hire based on your qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities. Our games are for everyone, and so is our workplace.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.