Full Stack Developer - 6 month contract
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
10 days ago
Do you enjoy working closely with designers to bring ideas to life? Do you like to choose the best language and framework for the problem? We’re looking for a Full Stack Developer who is a React and node whiz. You’ll work in a cross-functional team to build a highly scalable project for a leading Australian company.
Top candidates for this role desire a results-driven, collaborative, and fast-paced environment. You should have a focus on producing robust, functional, and quality software and believe in the “art of the possible” striking the right balance between idealism and pragmatism with your solution.
This is an initial 6 month contract, however this is potential for the role to extend or become permanent.
All applicants must have valid working rights for Australia.
ustwo is an industry-leading digital product studio with an expansive portfolio spread across client projects, our own products (Monument Valley, Sway, Moodnotes) and ventures. Our work focuses around the mission of making a meaningful impact on the world and also being able to capture the imagination and interest of our teams of designers and developers.
We work in agile, multi-disciplinary teams to solve client problems from a user perspective. You should enjoy problem solving, building the right thing and building the thing right .
- Experience with React, Nodejs, web technologies, particularly nextjs
- Experience in building secure, highly scalable and resilient web applications.
- Working knowledge of modern cross-browser HTML5 and CSS3.
- Apply the best design pattern for the case (Flux, MVC, MVVM, Mediator, etc.)
- Knowledge of the latest libraries and tendencies (React.js, Redux, Web Sockets, etc.)
- Experience with unit testing (mocha, jest, jasmine, etc.)
- Experience working with Git flows.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working within agile environments including Scrum / Kanban.
- Sense of humour and strong desire to constantly improve.
Nice to have...
- Development or Computer Science related degree.
- Experience with API integration / testing, ideally with deeper understanding of different patterns (CRUD, CQRS, SOA, etc.)
- Experience with Docker containers - for development and production
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) technologies (EC2, S3, Lambda, DynamoDB)
- Experience with databases (SQL and / or NoSQL)
- Knowledge of CSS pre-compilers (Stylus, SASS) and CSS patterns.
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration / Deployment.
- Practical experience with TDD and / or BDD (Mocha, Jest, Cucumber, Rspec, Capybara, Selenium, etc.)
- Experience with / interest in functional programming.
- Active Github account / open source contributions.
- Experience with Vagrant, Docker or other tools to ensure a robust development environment.
- Be passionate about development.
- Have a strong appetite to explore new technologies and share knowledge.
- Welcome feedback and look to improve project development and understanding.
- Be able to work to deadlines and in a fast-paced environment.
We have a warm and welcoming culture. We are a transparent company and work hard to distribute leadership across the studio. We are an equal opportunity employer and very much value diversity and inclusion. We believe diverse teams help us make better products and we actively hire for cultural growth. We seek people of all ages, race, genders, sexual orientation, religious beliefs, stories, cognitive capabilities and backgrounds.
We live our values through how we approach our work, our clients, our teams and ourselves. We’re looking for someone who embodies these values and helps us raise the bar.
Be human. You are empathetic and care about the impact of actions on others. You speak your mind; no politics, no games. You lead by example.
Learn together . You have a curiosity to explore new ideas and share your knowledge with others.
Raise the bar. You don’t stand still. You always push forwards and go beyond your comfort zone. You are a work in progress and comfortable with that. You do things that make people say “I wish I thought of that.”
Use the freedom. You relish independence and harness it to experiment and push boundaries. You build trust with people and provoke change. You have a JFDI attitude.
Enjoy the journey. You celebrate, even when you fail. You make studio life count and enjoy the ride!