Franchise Principal Video Editor
4 days ago
The Principal Video Editor is responsible for directing the development of user acquisition video assets in support of the goals of the UA Creative team. This role drives a game’s campaign strategy for UA, manages the execution of video ads through all stages of the production cycle, and oversees a variety of internal and external resources. The Principal Video Editor is also responsible for editing original video content.
You will contribute by:
- Lead a team of creative professionals in delivering best-in-class mobile gaming advertising.
- Set priorities and assignments for internal video editors and capture artists, as well as manage multiple external freelance and agency resources. Consistently keep projects on track and ensure that team members are getting the feedback, technical documentation, and guidance they need to elevate their work.
- Work independently to write, direct, and edit world-class video ads for user acquisition, including prerolls, app previews, and ads for UA media channels (Facebook, TikTok, etc).
- Define all aspects of umbrella/brand creative direction such as motion graphics, sound design, and style/pace/tone as related to established and evolving brand guidelines.
- Partner with Brand Marketing stakeholders to define and drive ad strategies aligned with major product initiatives and game updates.
- Partner with the Growth Marketing team to understand KPI goals; use performance data to develop and execute new and iterative ads to support UA media goals on a global scale.
- Work cross-functionally with MarComms partners to adapt brand campaign trailers and social media assets for UA; ensure cohesive and consistent campaign messaging.
- Conduct competitive analysis and research industry trends to consistently innovate the team’s output and make the production pipeline more efficient.
- Present work-in-progress creatives and key insights from top-performing ads to the wider Marketing group as needed.
- Support department leadership to ensure budget alignment and resource allocations are optimized.
Your background includes:
- 3+ years experience managing a creative team; experience managing external resources a plus
- 5+ years experience editing successful video marketing/advertising content
- Experience working on performance-driven advertising campaigns; familiarity with user acquisition and growth marketing metrics (KPIs) as part of measuring ad success
- Extensive hands-on experience with Adobe Creative Suite, especially After Effects and Premiere Pro; additional experience with Photoshop and Illustrator a plus
- Familiarity with 3D programs (Cinema 4D, Maya) and live-action productions a plus
- Demonstrable ability to identify a product’s unique selling points, communicate creative direction and actionable feedback, and make decisions based on scope and campaign goals
- Experience in mobile game marketing would be a huge plus
Portfolio/demo reel of professional work required - please add a link to your application
Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made.
Kabam is a world leader of developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games for mobile devices. They merge consumer behaviour with the art of game design to create experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the globe. Each game has raised the benchmark in mobile gaming, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology and revolutionary gameplay to the console in every player’s pocket.
Kabam has partnered with leading entertainment brands like Disney, Hasbro and Universal to create mobile games based on some of the world’s most iconic franchises.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal, Charlottetown, San Francisco and Austin. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.
Kabam is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and equitable workplace, and inclusive environment for all existing and potential employees. Employment decisions are based on candidate qualifications and business need, not race, color, ancestry, place of origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, political belief, religion, creed, marital or family status, medical condition, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, prior criminal conviction or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.