This job might no longer be available.
Franchise Manager, World of Warcraft
16 days ago
Job Title:Franchise Manager, World of Warcraft
Blizzard Latin America is on the quest to find a legendary Brand Manager to join our award-winning video game company and help take the Warcraft Universe to new heights in the region. This position will give you the opportunity to thrive in a challenging, creative environment, and grow with a strong and supportive team who is committed to excellence at every level. This individual will support the LatAm Senior Director to lead live-game campaigns, planning and oversee the execution and optimization of consumer programs and promotions through the full marketing mix.
The ideal candidate is data driven, with a strong grasp of marketing strategy, and experience launching highly visible marketing activations. The individual should also be collaborative, and not only have experience working within a matrixed organization but also setting objectives and building consensus with multiple partner groups. Finally, we are looking for a curious and empathetic leader who will positively contribute to our team culture.
As Franchise Manager, you will formulate brand strategies and go-to market plans with the aim of acquiring new consumers and engaging existing players to unlock the ability to exceed business targets. You will do this across a diverse region, tapping into long standing experience with understanding gaming behaviors across multiple platforms and business models in Latin America.
Achieving these goals requires strong strategic sense, analytical thinking, strong communication and influencing skills, as well as a passion for solving complex problem in collaboration with multiple partners across territories and functions.
This role is anticipated to be a hybrid work position, with some work on-site and some work-from-home. The potential home studio for this role is Sao Paulo, Brazil or Mexico City, Mexico. However, we understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore other possible options, including remote work arrangements.
- Generate practical insights through a deep understanding of our players, and establish global marketing strategies, product positioning and KPI’s to drive growth for the Overwatch franchise.
Lead ongoing marketing planning and execution across Publishing – PR, Community, Creative, Growth Marketing, Sales & Partnerships – and continuously assess player journeys and performance data to optimize experiences across the marketing ecosystem.
- Create territory franchise strategies and go-to-market plans that are consistent with global strategies, with appropriate prioritization of budgets and resources that improve opportunities to meet our business objectives.
- Responsible for leading partner agencies across the region to deliver best in class executions.
- Support management decisions on forecast rational, business models and pricing strategies.
- Work with Insights and Analytics function to surface insights that can steer strategy design and provide Blizzard competitive advantage.
- Be the product expert and owner of the end-to-end players’ experience across the region.
- Steer live service marketing integration across the region pursuing opportunities to demonstrate cultural insights into live service development.
- Monitor competitive landscape and market conditions developing in depth reports and analysis per franchise.
- Foster and maintain close relationships with all partners to bridge communications between the region team and overarching Americas team.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in publishing, marketing, product management or planning working in the video game, media, tech or Internet industry.
- In depth current working knowledge of the Latam video games industry and broad understanding of channels within (social, media, regulatory factors, commercial models, and format nuances across console, PC and mobile).
- Experience in forecasting and budgeting with an ability to work with finance counterparts to investigate and surface opportunities to accelerate OI growth.
- Skilled at project management, to proactively bring initiatives and deliverables to completion and resolve obstacles effectively and with a sense of urgency by yourself.
- Experience working in a regional capacity across multiple markets; experience working in a multicultural environment and managing remote teams.
- Passion for data and consumer insight driven decision making.
- Passion for games, particularly Activision and Blizzard games.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in English; ability to credibly and clearly articulate a vision or complex idea.
- Ability to influence and collaborate effectively across functions and regions, from manager to C-levels in a matrix organization.
- Knowledge of game development process and associated tools and technologies so that barriers for play are resolved across the diverse region.
- Attention to detail is essential, as is completing all tasks with the highest level of quality.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest!
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet.
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered.
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, among other characteristics
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/ .In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $97,200.00 - $179,900.00 Annual. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.