Financial Planning & Performance Analyst
Sumo Leamington Spa
4 days ago
Founded in early 2019, Sumo Leamington is a member of the award-winning Sumo Digital family. We’re one of Sumo’s nine game development studios located across the UK and India, and our goal is to build and grow an industry-leading team here in Royal Leamington Spa.
Managed by industry veterans with ground-breaking titles under their belts, the studio needs to hire the right colleagues to meet our exciting objectives. Whether you’re an industry veteran or straight out of university, we could have a career-defining role for you. If you want to create great games that people will play for years to come, and be there at the beginning of something we know will be truly special, join our team. We look forward to speaking with you!
It’s an exciting time to be part of Sumo Leamington, winners of the Develop: Star Awards 2019 Best Studio and GI Biz 2020 Best Places to Work: Diversity Award; big things are on the horizon and we want you to be part of our continued journey. Join us!
Sumo Leamington is made up of a diverse mix of fantastic people, although sometimes, some groups are still under-represented. We are working to remove obstacles that can make it difficult for those groups to progress their careers in the games industry. We welcome applications from under-represented people in the gaming industry, including, but not limited to BAME, LGBQT+, women, people with physical disabilities, neurodiversity or mental health issues, and parents or carers.
The role @ Sumo
We have an exciting opportunity for a Financial Analyst with games industry passion to join the team at our new Publishing division
Reporting to the Director of Publishing and working closely with the other members of the publishing team, this role requires extensive financial data mining, reporting and forecasting knowledge along with and exceptional communication and organisational skills.
As Planning and Performance Analyst you will be primarily supporting the Director of Publishing with reporting and forecasting processes. You will be responsible for creating, organizing, and documenting the financial data for Key stakeholders of the new Publishing division in order to create a strong foundation for sharing and communicating key insights and information.
In your new role you will:
- Create data reports for all titles released by NEW PUBLISHING
- Support in the tracking and auditing of revenue vs. Forecast expectations
- Work with the Director of Publishing on implementing the monthly forecast to a tight schedule
- Produce various revenue tracking reports and dashboards for Commercial Analysis use
- Prepare presentations for external & internal communication around key insights and updates
To be successful you will:
- Be an expert in Microsoft Excel able to manage large complex financial workbooks
- Be a Microsoft Office 365 Power User (PowerPoint, Outlook, Word etc)
- Have experience with advanced statistical methods for data analysis
- Demonstrate excellent data reporting, visualisation and presentation skills
- Have a strong academic background in a relevant numeric field such as statistics, finance, business or computer science
- Be able to excel both independently and collaboratively on other stakeholder's projects
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and oral; Able to articulate complex concepts clearly and concisely
- Have a self-motivated individual with good organisational skills able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
It would be advantageous if you have:
- A passion about video games with a good understanding of genres and key video game concepts (free to play, downloadable content, monetisation, market trends etc)
- Experience in SQL query writing for data extraction and analysis
- Experience with reporting/stats packages (e.g. Power BI, Tableau)
- Any other programming experience/knowledge such as C# or Python
As part of the Sumo Digital family, we’re able to offer a super benefits package including generous holidays and flexible working hours. Further perks include our legendary annual Sumo Big Day Out, plus epic Christmas parties, vouchers on your birthday and free fruit for everyone! Our new, regular studio Game Jams are a highlight - staff spend a full day developing and pitching their own game ideas for possible development by Sumo (this led to the recently released Snake Pass, so it’s a genuine commitment to allowing staff to pitch ideas upwards to the highest levels).
Our environment is relaxed, friendly and built upon the basis of every team member having the opportunity to shine and have a realisable input into the games we create. We’re in the amazing position of building a brand new team, and creating a studio culture that’s all about passion, respect, diversity, fun and togetherness. We’re looking for people that love what they do and love to share their enthusiasm with each other.