12 days ago
Carry1st is the leading publisher of social games and interactive content in Africa. We work with studios across the globe - from Addis Ababa to Sofia to New York City - to level up their games and scale in dynamic, frontier markets. In addition to our full-stack publishing service, we’ve built a proprietary payments and ecommerce experience which allows customers to pay for digital content, even when they don’t have a credit card.
As Financial Accountant you’ll be responsible for effective financial management of the group, carrying out financial accounting, administration, and other duties in relation to the accountancy function. You’ll work closely with our Head of Finance, local external service providers, partners, and cross functional teams to provide accurate and complete financial records which are up to date, and coordinate the administrative, accounting and budgeting functions of Carry1st.
- Be the custodian of Financial Accounting and ensuring complete and accurate financial records are maintained and kept for all group entities in Quickbooks (USA, Mauritius, South Africa x 2, Nigeria and Kenya).
- Work with accounting, secretarial and consulting service providers to ensure financial and compliance procedures have been completed and up to date (bookkeeping, monthly payroll, annual returns, VAT, and tax returns etc.) for all entities.
- Review and ensure all the financial transactions have been posted and reconciled to the bank statements monthly.
- Perform detailed reconciliations across payment service providers, game revenue, advertising revenue and digital marketing spend platforms.
- General Expenses – perform primary allocations of all general expenses.
- Allocate all related directly attributable Gaming costs into Game streams.
- Review detailed monthly balance sheet reconciliations and maintain supporting schedules to substantiate line items and ensure financial close procedures are in place.
- Prepare monthly VAT and Income Tax reconciliations and assist with provisional tax computations and submissions in conjunction with local service providers.
- Update monthly management accounts for all entities as well as Net Revenue Gaming Calculations.
- Assess reporting of financial records in line with applicable reporting standards and formulate monthly journals – GAAP, IFRS, US GAAP etc.
- Ensure accruals are correctly accounted for and managed monthly.
- Build good relationships with project teams and help support financial management of projects.
What makes you a great candidate?
- Accounting degree and professional accountancy qualification, CA(SA) preferred
- 1+ year post-articles experience at reputable training firm.
- Analytical mind with strong attention to detail ensuring all outputs are delivered to the highest standard of accuracy and keen interest in accounting and reporting.
- Ability to establish and meet deadlines and multitask with priorities.
- Bonus: hands on experience with Financial Accounting and control and experience with Quickbooks or other accounting software.
What will we offer you?
Some additional perks you’ll get access to...
- Opportunity to join and grow with a US Venture Capital backed Startup at the intersection of Gaming, FinTech and Crypto.
- The ability to work from anywhere in the world with international teammates.
- Equity ownership.
- Co-working excursions and retreats: Our teams are encouraged to work from a shared location and visit each other. Carry1st will cover travel expenses, accommodation, and provide you with a daily spending allowance.
- Awesome equipment: To set our teammates up for success we make sure you’ve got everything you need to work effectively.
- Remote working allowance: An allowance that you can put towards creating your own office space, whether it’s internet expenses, ad-hoc equipment, or using a co-working space.
- Birthday leave: Our teammates enjoy a paid day off on their special day. ● Learning and development: Access to a Professional Development Fund to enable teammates to attend courses, conferences, and training events.
- Social events: Fun and regular company events to relax and connect with teammates.
Learn more about Carry1st...
● GamesBeat announced that Carry1st raised $6m to publish mobile games in Africa.● Gamesindustry.biz interview with Lucy Hoffman about publishing landscape.
● TechCrunch announced that Riot Games and Konvoy Ventures back Carry1st in $6M
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.