Finance Manager (Supporting IT Department)
15 days ago
The SEW Information Technology Division is responsible for the design, building, operation, maintenance, and security of the infrastructure for all corporate internal systems, online infrastructure and online games across offices and studios in Europe, North America, and Asia.The IT Finance Manager will assist the SEW IT Leadership team in providing accurate, timely, insightful, and relevant financial planning and analysis. This role will aim to mature and improve on our current IT Financial Management (ITFM) practices for the SEW IT division. The IT Finance Manager will also take an active lead in the project review committee, which is responsible to direct, review, and approve IT strategic plans, oversee major initiatives, and allocate resources.
- Own the IT budgetary process liaising with Finance teams and IT Leadership.
- Collect, aggregate, prepare forecasted spend, collate reports, prepare justification, and narratives around both the CapEx and OpEx budgets.
- Generate and track operating budgets for online infrastructure related to our games.
- Work with the game studios to provide IT Financial visibility based on the consumption of IT services costs.
- Collaborate with the IT Leadership team to build business cases for large-scale projects and initiatives to explain value and ROI.
- Provide ongoing financial modeling and analysis expertise for SEW IT and all its sub-divisions.
- Play a key role in establishing and tracking any financial recharge model.
- Maintain an IT Finance Dashboard and provide KPIs and analytical data (internally/externally), to enable better financial and operational decisions, as well as increase the efficiency of IT operations.
- Work alongside local Finance teams, ensure monthly reviews are carried out to compare actuals to budget, review financials related to newly proposed IT-related initiatives, actively monitor, and manage financial risks and opportunities, provide a critical evaluation of explanations for variances where required.
- Present financial reports (on a regular cadence or ad hoc) to SEW IT Leadership, stakeholders, and executives in support of senior management decision making.
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders to design and implement allocation processes and methods that support online initiatives and iterative development practices.
- Develop systems, processes, and policies to support organisational initiatives in a cost effective, value-adding manner.
- Establish and maintain documented financial policies and procedures for the IT organisation.
- Ensure program operations are in accordance with accounting policies.
Reporting Lines: Directly reporting to the Group IT Director and dotted line to the Senior Finance Business Partner.
Essential Experience, Skills and Competencies
- Minimum of 5+ years of FP&A and/or budgeting experience, including a strong understanding of accounting processes, including (but not limited to): intercompany transactions, P&Ls, consolidations, fixed assets and prepaids, as well as balance sheets.
- Experience working with ERPs (i.e. SAP, Oracle, Lawson, JD Edwards, etc.).
- Extensive experience partnering with senior leadership and stakeholders.
- Experience working in a global organisation, with multiple locations, from a department level all the way up to senior leadership.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Effective communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Ability to work collaboratively and succeed in a team environment.
- Self motivated, able to direct self and manage competing priorities.
- Structured approach to work, but able to be pivot and adapt quickly in response to changing plans.
- Attention to detail, as well as the ability to see the bigger picture and understand both the micro and macro impact of initiatives.
- Ability to apply discretion or confidentiality.
- Aptitude for grasping and organisation’s short- and long-term priorities and proactively translating these into responsibilities and actions.
- Experience, Skills and Competencies
- Experience working in an IT organisation or a Technology/Engineering culture.
- Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (PowerBI, Tableau, etc.).
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or a highly analytical field of study (IT, Engineering, Math, etc.).
Our goal at Square Enix is to hire, retain, develop and promote the best talent, regardless of age, gender, race, religious, belief, sexual orientation or physical ability.
Our pledge to D&I
At Square Enix we believe in the importance of being a diverse and global company, and we stand firmly together against any forms of injustice, intolerance, harassment or discrimination. In our effort to create a truly diverse workforce, we pledge to continue to raise awareness in every step of the employee experience, from recruitment to promotions to ensure equal opportunities for all. One of our goals is to champion diversity in games and at work and work together to inspire real change.
Learning and education around D&I will be a key element for us to continue to grow as an organization. With unconscious bias training, D&I workshops and a variety of initiatives to give our employees the opportunity to be heard and be part of that change to achieve real equality. We need all our efforts to continue to build our culture of inclusion and equality.
We are also proud to partner with UKIE's Raise the Game pledge, BAME in Games and Women in Games, to name a few.
Covid-19 remote working
Square Enix are committed to keeping our employees safe. We are listening closely to government guidelines, and this role will be based remotely until the company sees fit to return to the office. This role will be based in our Blackfriars Studio in London, upon return.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.