Finance Manager - Live Games Strategy
Atlanta GA us
16 days ago
Ubisoft, a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry, is currently seeking a full-time Finance Manager – Live Games Strategy for its Financial Planning and Analysis department. This individual will be located in San Francisco and report to the Director of Finance Analytics. This position will be responsible for financial forecasting and analytics driven directly by player behavior, focused on Live Game revenues (generated through in-game items or services) and Customer Support Contact Volume, for the Americas.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Live Game Revenues
- Work cross functionally to validate business assumptions, proactively identify risks and opportunities and develop a financial forecast for Live Game revenues:
- Directly engage with Production studios to understand product roadmap, game strategy and player engagement/monetization mechanics
- Collaborate and coordinate with Sales, Marketing, and other leaders to understand title potential, brand initiatives, competitive landscape and industry trends
- Partner with game analytics team to maintain and improve a working model to forecast player acquisition, retention and monetization
- Align with peers in Financial Planning and Analysis on the full game sell-through forecast for Live Games
- Compile, track and analyze data to improve Live Game revenues forecasting accuracy:
- Relative impact and timing of seasonal and special events
- Relative impact and release timing of different types of in-game monetization features
- Cohort-based trends in player behavior and activity
- Prepare weekly / monthly reporting on Live Game financial performance and key player activity metrics, accompanied by analytical insights and actionable recommendations where relevant
- Participate as a Live Games subject matter expert in business planning meetings; present forecast and key learnings to senior leadership
Customer Support Contact Volume
- Forecast weekly and monthly contact volumes for customer support by channel, using the forecast for player activity as well as historical trends and key drivers for comparative titles
- Compile, track and analyze events impacting volume - such as beta periods, promotions, free trials, content releases, seasonality – and integrate changing statistics into models to improve forecast accuracy over time
- Collaborate with peers in the Financial Planning and Analysis team who are responsible for customer support and overhead cost estimation
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field required
- Minimum 5 years of experience with business / financial analysis
- Prior experience with video gaming, with a strong understanding of gaming product features and industry trends
- Strategic and creative thinker with demonstrated analytical and modeling capabilities
- Team player that can listen and communicate effectively across multiple stakeholders and client groups, analyze needs, find best practice solutions and build trusted networks to accomplish goals
- Experience in analysis of consumer monetization a plus
- Personality which thrives in casual, fun, yet demanding work environment
- Action oriented individual who can visualize solutions and execute them efficiently and effectively
- Strong written and verbal communication capabilities with emphasis on communication with senior management
- Superior spreadsheet modeling and presentation skills with robust knowledge of Advanced MS Excel, MicroStrategy knowledge a plus
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Employer HSA contribution (with enrollment in a HSA eligible medical plan)
- 401k match
- Paid vacation, holiday and sick time
- Fitness, physical, and eSports challenge reimbursements
- Rocket Lawyer online legal service membership
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
- Pawternity – paid time off to bond with a newly adopted pet
- Sabbatical leave available after 5 years of employment
- Generous discount on new Ubisoft games
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
Ubisoft is composed of over 18,000 talented people located in 55+ development studios and offices across the globe. With more than 80% of our teams dedicated to creation, Ubisoft is the biggest in-house creative force in the industry.
Home to the North American Ubisoft headquarters since 1996, Ubisoft San Francisco opened its development studio in 2009 and since developed Rocksmith® and Rocksmith 2014, to teach millions of people how to play guitar and bass. With a song library of over 1,500 songs and 9 years of support the Rocksmith franchise helped millions of players around the world on their musical journey. In 2017, the studio released the critically acclaimed South Park™: The Fractured But Whole™, in collaboration with Trey Parker, Matt Stone, and South Park Digital Studios. The studio is currently working on two unannounced projects.
Ubisoft’s worldwide network of video game development studios and business offices work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin's Creed®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege®, Tom Clancy's The Division®, For Honor®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more. Ubisoft is a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry.
With an expansive global distribution network, Ubisoft is also a company that stays in close contact with its local fans.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching player’s lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Game-changers wanted! Help us solve exciting challenges in gaming and tech. Join us and create the unknown.