Finance Manager, EA Studios - HD Los Angeles Studios
Chatsworth California 94065 United States
3 days ago
#WeAreEA and we exist to inspire the world to play. EA values creativity, pioneering, passion, determination, learning, and teamwork. We mean things like acting with curiosity, speaking up with original ideas, and committing to each other as one team.
We’re looking for all the best kinds of people to make great experiences for our players. The best people want a job that inspires them, while giving them room to enjoy their lives. And we want to give them that. We celebrate diversity and inclusion by creating a place where you can come to work and be yourself.
I. Basic Function
Located at EA’s Respawn Entertainment Studio in Los Angeles, this Finance Manager role provides a unique opportunity to be a collaborative business partner & trusted advisor for our HD Los Angeles Studios organization (including Respawn Entertainment & DICE LA).
II. Responsibilities and Duties
- In partnership with onsite Studio leadership, develop & manage 3-year strategic plan, which incorporates title / content planning across all platforms / business models & overall responsibility for all P&L modeling.
- Overall accountability for all core FP&A processes including (but not limited to) fiscal year planning, quarterly forecasts & business reviews, and risks & opportunities management. Own Studio P&L forecast and associated budgets, holding organization accountable to targets.
- Accountability for financial controllership including: the adherence to corporate policies & processes, identification & prevention of material revenue recognition issues, monthly expense accruals, monthly close, variance analysis & reporting.
- Provide financial leadership, ensuring the financial implications of all business decisions are understood & considered.
- Compile, analyze & contribute to the development of fiscal year goals for Studios.
- Partner with the Senior Finance Director to influence the Marketing, Publishing & Analytics (MPA) organization with regards to decisions around full game volume, pricing & marketing expense forecasts.
- Partner closely with EA Studios (EAS), MPA & Accounting organizations to develop live service digital revenue forecasts, considering revenue recognition policies. Quantify risks & opportunities assessing daily KPI performance, trends & content roadmap.
- Partner with our technology organization to influence live service cost forecasts & decisions (e.g. hosting), & the Central Development Services organization to influence shared service forecasts & decisions (e.g. quality verification, localization).
III. Technical Skills and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required – Finance / Economics / Accounting related field preferred.
- Minimum 7 years of related financial experience (FP&A experience preferred).
- Extensive experience with financial modeling, budgeting, forecasting, reporting & analysis.
- Demonstrated top performance in prior roles, with increasing levels of responsibility and independence.
- Exceptionally strong results orientation & bias to action. Healthy impatience for change. Willingness to ask the tough questions & challenge the status quo. Self-motivated, demonstrates initiative, flexibility, maturity under pressure & anticipates and resolves problems before they develop.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills that enable clear & concise communication to all levels of the organization. Strong data visualization skills to help leaders digest complex information in an accessible manner.
- Confidentiality & integrity in dealing with highly sensitive information. Strong reputation for professional integrity, seasoned business judgment & objectivity.
- Experience & proficiency with financial programs like Hyperion Essbase & Oracle.
IV. Reporting Lines
- Position reports to Senior Finance Director, EAS Financial Planning & Analysis based in Redwood City, CA
In an industry that’s changing every day, EA is positioned for growth thanks to smart business plans, strategic acquisitions, and most importantly, our creative people around the world who gather each day to unite the world through play. We take that last part very seriously, so if what you’re reading excites you as much as it does us, apply today.