16 days ago
This role will be based on-site in Santa Monica, CA.
Why Naughty Dog?
For nearly 40 years, Naughty Dog has been crafting best-selling, critically acclaimed games that constantly push the boundaries of narrative, gameplay, and technology. We’ve been busy at the Kennel, most recently releasing The Last of Us Part I, a complete and faithful remake of the original game, rebuilt from the ground up and fully optimized for the PlayStation 5 and currently in development for PC. As a part of the Naughty Dog legacy, you’ll be continuing the development of extraordinary and enduring experiences for a broad, global range of audiences.
Naughty Dog games have long been lauded for their evocative, character-driven stories and attention to detail. We are committed to innovation within our games and as such have curated some of the top creative and technically innovative minds in the industry. We welcome diverse candidates and believe that a broad range of cultural and life experiences contribute to the overall well-being and success of the studio and the titles we craft together.
The Finance Director will drive financial planning and analysis for Naughty Dog, Inc. and serve as a key finance liaison to Sony Interactive Entertainment. This role is responsible for all financial planning and analysis (FP&A), thus providing financial management, insight, reporting and recommendations that support and optimize the business decision-making process for Naughty Dog Leadership.
- Drive our annual budgeting, quarterly forecasting, and long-term strategic planning processes
- Lead budgeting, forecasting, and reporting of overhead and G&A spend
- Monitor and review external budgets of Studio partners
- Develop and maintain our financial models and P&L reporting
- Provide monthly financial reports, including variance analysis – budget/forecast to actuals, risks & opportunities, and headcount reporting
- Support monthly financial reviews with Studio and Project leadership
- Supervise a Finance Manager
- Develop, implement and maintain best practices in FP&A workflows
- Oversee and ensure compliance with corporate governance
- Lead business intelligence (BI) initiatives and establish KPI reporting for Studio leadership
- Provide data-informed strategies to accomplish project and Studio goals while mitigating risk
- Use various financial systems (PARIS) to forecast and report direct expenses and headcount related to monthly/quarterly closes
- Partner with Project and Studio Leadership to align headcount reporting and related expenses to organizational changes and growth
- Conduct and monitor profit-sharing calculation and milestone bonus calculation
- Perform on-going reporting and analytical projects as well as on an ad-hoc basis as requested
- Support the implementation of SAP
- Partner with SIE Accounting on month-end close processes
- Support ad-hoc strategic initiatives for the Studio
- Serves as a liaison to WWS Finance (UK) and SIE Finance (US)
Requirements and Skills:
- Solid track record of success in FP&A, including the professionalizing of processes and workflow implementation
- Significant knowledge and application experience of finance systems such as SAP
- Excel expertise and high proficiency with MS Office software
- Ability to build strong relationships with partners and positively influence and align stakeholders
- Curious thinker with integrity
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Collaborative team player with the ability to adapt quickly and maintain attention to detail
- Master’s degree in Finance or Business Administration
- At least ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Intermediate knowledge of US GAAP/FASB and understanding of accounting processes, procedures and internal controls
- Experience in the entertainment, technology, and/or games industry
- CPA or CFA
- Deep knowledge of video game industry
As a part of the Naughty Dog application process, candidates will be expected to provide a portfolio or demo reel of their work and may be asked to complete an art test, in addition to a phone screen.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression, and gender reassignment), race (including color, nationality, ethnic, national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees, and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location. Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role may be eligible for bonus and SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products.
Please note depending on employment type these benefits may vary.
The estimated base pay range for this role is listed below.
$146,700 — $220,100 USD