Infinity Ward is looking for a dedicated Expert Animation Engineer with a strong interest in crafting high fidelity, scalable animation systems and behaviors. From sophisticated gunplay and locomotion to solidifying our characters in the environments they inhabit, the successful candidate will be ready to tackle the wide variety of engineering challenges vital to deliver believability and style across diverse situations and gamemodes.
- Work with animators and other engineers to design, prototype, and implement new features to continuously improve our character fidelity and believability at ever increasing scale and complexity.
- Develop and upgrade workflows to allow the efficient building, improvement and debugging of animation behaviors by animators and engineers alike.
- Support and proactively collaborate with team members at Activision studios across the world.
- 5+ years of professional programming experience with a focus on skeletal animation.
- Proficiency in C/C++ in multithreaded environments
- Strong 3D math and linear algebra.
- Experience programming on multiple game consoles.
- Experience with first person shooters and multiplayer action games.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Infinity Ward is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.