Experienced UI Artist - Stellaris
10 days ago
Are you a bold artist with strong UX knowledge and a seasoned expert in developing fresh, art-rich & varied looks for UIs?
Paradox is looking for an Experienced 2D UI Artist to be a champion in the art team: developing the overall look of our UIs with a meticulous eye for detail, high-quality artwork, and strong knowledge of UX. You will work closely with the Art Director in shaping the overall vision of our game UIs and be a drive for visual improvements.
As an Experienced 2D UI artist at Paradox, you will collaborate closely with our UX and Production Teams to ensure cohesive execution of UIs that are easily digested by new players. You will also help craft our game art hands-on by creating whatever UI elements, art assets, art styles, and supporting artwork that our games may require. You will have the opportunity to work with animation and bring original and modern takes on UI. You will be a mentor for less experienced artists and create art briefs for outsourced assets.
- 5-6 years of experience creating user interfaces from concept, through prototype to final
- Strong knowledge of UX to facilitate collaboration with our UX team.
- Highly skilled creating high quality modern UI art from scratch with the portfolio to prove it
- Experience with UI animation
- Ability to create as well as adapt to and follow a variety of artistic styles
- Articulate in contextualizing decisions, communicating ideas and giving feedback
- Comfortable using English in spoken and written form
- A passion for the sci-fi genre
- An interest and understanding of grand strategy games
- Knowledge of After Effects and 3D software.
This is a great opportunity to have a huge impact on our best-selling strategy games. You will be a central member of the world's leading game developer for Grand Strategy games!
As part of the recruitment process, you may be asked to perform a test.
Scope: Fulltime and permanent
Reports to: Art Manager
Some of our benefits include:
If you think that this description matches you, we highly encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we will interview candidates continuously. If you don't match all the requirements, please demonstrate how your passion, attitude and interest in Paradox might compensate for this.
At Paradox Interactive we celebrate difference and care deeply about diversity and inclusion. We therefore encourage you, no matter who you are, to apply for this job if you think you’d be a great addition to our team.