Experienced Data Engineer - Data Team
11 days ago
At Paradox, we are focused on bringing value to our community by creating groundbreaking features for both players and game developers. If you are a passionate Data Engineer who would like to work at a successful games company, full of people passionate about technology and games, read on and learn how you can be part of the fun and talented DevOps department!
We are now looking for an Experienced Data Engineer to work as part of our Data Team in the DevOps department. The DevOps department is responsible for the Paradox Ecosystem which provides a variety of services and products to Paradox’s various Game Studios.
The Data Team is responsible for the data infrastructure and pipelines here at Paradox. Development projects will primarily be focused on data ingestion, processing and automation.
In this role you will work in a cross-functional team of Data Engineers and Developers. You will be working on developing projects including data infrastructure, warehouse, pipelines and access management.
What you will be doing:
- Maintain and build the data infrastructure mainly in AWS and Snowflake
- Build, maintain and optimise Python/SQL ELT/ETLs and data pipelines
- Setup and configure connections to internal and external data sources
- Contribute to the design and maintenance of the database architecture
What we need to see:
- 4+ years of experience working with Data Engineering
- Experience in data architecture, data pipelines, building ETLs and ETL orchestration
- Experience with data streaming platforms
- Experience with Python and SQL languages.
- General understanding of REST APIs
Ways to stand out from the crowd:
- Have experience working with cloud environment (AWS, GCP, or Azure)
- Have experience with R, Kafka and/or Terraform
- Good understanding and practical experience of Agile methodologies.
We believe you are a service-minded, driven, and explorative individual; Your English communication skills are excellent. You are patient, taking the time to understand others as well as in explaining yourself.
Scope: Full time and permanent
Reports to: Data Manager
Location: This position is based in Stockholm, Sweden
Some of our benefits include:
If you think that this description matches you, we highly encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we will interview candidates continuously. If you don't match all the requirements, please demonstrate how your passion, attitude and interest in Paradox might compensate for this.
At Paradox Interactive we celebrate difference and care deeply about diversity and inclusion. We therefore encourage you, no matter who you are, to apply for this job if you think you’d be a great addition to our team.