Experienced Backend Developer - Data Team
7 days ago
At Paradox, we are focused on bringing value to our community by creating groundbreaking features for both players and game developers. If you are a passionate Developer who would like to work at a successful games company, full of people passionate about technology and games, read on and learn how you can be part of the fun and talented DevOps department!
In this role you will work in a cross-functional team of Data Engineers and Developers, working together to build a scalable, reliable and secure data platform. Development projects will primarily be focused on building data infrastructure and pipelines, working on our telemetry service and security services such as our GDPR tool and authentication layer.
What you will be doing:
- General backend development (NodeJS)
- Optimize and extend our data platform and related data services
- Contribute to the design and maintenance of the database architecture
- Development of our authentication service
- Collaborate with developers and data engineers on bigger data projects
What we would like to see:
- Extensive experience writing backend services, such as REST APIs
- Educational or vocational experience of working with a database query language (SQL variants)
Ways to stand out from the crowd:
- Previous experience working on a live product or service designed to be frequently updated
- Experience running applications on a cloud service (AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud or the like)
- Experience with writing automated tests of your code, from unit to end-to-end testing
- Good understanding and practical experience of Agile methodologies.
- Knowledge of terraform
- Experience with high volume traffic and scaling such services
- Experience with Kafka
We believe you are a service-minded, driven, and explorative individual; Your English communication skills are excellent. You are patient, taking the time to understand others as well as in explaining yourself.
Scope: Full time and permanent
Reports to: Data Manager
Location: This position is based in Stockholm, Sweden
Some of our benefits include:
If you think that this description matches you, we highly encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we will interview candidates continuously. If you don't match all the requirements, please demonstrate how your passion, attitude and interest in Paradox might compensate for this.
At Paradox Interactive we celebrate difference and care deeply about diversity and inclusion. We therefore encourage you, no matter who you are, to apply for this job if you think you’d be a great addition to our team.