Frostbite is EA's state-of-the-art multi-platform game development engine. Our global team develops creative engine features and cutting-edge tools that let our game makers create stunning games. We're honoured to have thousands of game developers worldwide using Frostbite as they create some of the industry's best-known titles and amazing player experiences. Join us as we help shape the future of gaming with Frostbite.
- Collaborate with product managers to clarify and refine requirements and ensure they are aligned with the product vision and objectives.
- Collaborate with research, using both generative methods, such as interviews and surveys, and evaluative methods like usability studies.
- Translate research insights into actionable workflows and designs using UX tools like Figma, and methodologies like journeys, information architecture, wireframes and prototypes.
- Test and iteratively refine designs to create efficient and accessible game-creation experiences for content creators on game teams.
- Work both independently and collaboratively with fellow UX team members, technical artists, product managers, and software engineers who are geographically distributed across the globe throughout the process.
- Report to the Manager of Experience Design
- You will have a portfolio that contains case studies highlighting your design skills, technical expertise, and the ability to think holistically through systems and experiences.
- You will have 3+ years of experience designing for complex, data-rich applications such as creative tools, game engines or productivity software.
- You will have experience tailoring and presenting complex concepts to different audiences (including product managers, other designers, engineers, game studio partners).
- You will be comfortable working in complex organizations and have a history of collaboratively leading and promoting UX principles and best practices with partners and colleagues.
BC COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these locations. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• British Columbia (depending on location e.g. Vancouver vs. Victoria):
º $77,600 - $119,000 CAN Annually
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including vacation (3 weeks per year to start), 10 days per year of sick time, paid top-up to EI/QPIP benefits up to 100% of base salary when you welcome a new child (12 weeks for maternity, and 4 weeks for parental/adoption leave), extended health/dental/vision coverage, life insurance, disability insurance, retirement plan to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.