25 days ago
Climax Studios was established nearly 30 years ago, we have an extensive history in developing all kinds of digital experiences across all formats, and we have won multiple awards along the way.
You take your creativity seriously and games should be what get you fired up and passionate. At Climax we embrace those who see things in a different way and aren’t afraid to try-out new things and push themselves out of their comfort zones.
We have a new state of the art studio located in the heart of the beautiful Gunwharf Quays in Portsmouth overlooking the Harbour and we’re looking for an experienced and talented Exec Producer to take this key position on an undisclosed project. Reporting to the Production Director, you will have responsibility for the delivery of the project to time and on budget, and within the quality expectations of the studio and client.
- To lead and support a multidisciplinary team
- Manage the schedules of multiple departments within the game team, to ensure that milestones are agreed, detailed and delivered as expected
- Create milestone content and realistic production schedules in coordination with team leads and management
- Manage the project budget - identifying resource requirements and expectations, tracking actual project spend vs planned spend and updating projections
- Ensure project scope is being adhered to
- Identify and resolve conflicts between schedule, budget and design goals
- Manage communication of project progress to the Production Director and internal senior management team
- Ensure each team member is working from a tracked schedule and has a strong sense of ownership, responsibility and accountability for the quality and timeliness of their contribution
- Ensure effective communication, foster positive working relationships and teamwork
- Keep abreast of current market trends
- Work closely with international publishers
- Experience working in a production role on at least two shipped console titles
- Strong Team Management Skills – experience of managing and motivating teams of developers in all disciplines towards a common project goal.
- Strong risk analysis skills where it relates to scheduling, budget, personnel and design.
- The ability to identify and communicate project milestone goals and objectives.
- Experience using JIRA, Confluence and other project management tools in a production environment
- Passionate, willing to go that extra mile to make truly great games
- Demonstrable and effective verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent holiday package
- Regular social events
- Fresh fruit and snacks
- A friendly, focused, ambitious and relaxed working environment
- Ongoing training and development, with career progression
- Discount card for all the shopping centre stores
- Great seafront location, a short walk from the rail station, bars, restaurants, coffee shops
- Group Private Medical Insurance provided by BUPA
- Group Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Private Dental Insurance
- Group Income Protection
- Company Pension Scheme
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Eye-Care Vouchers
- Bring your doggo to work! We're a dog friendly studio, bring your pooch in to meet us.
- Bean to cup coffee machine in the studio.
- Fresh fruit and healthy snacks provided daily, breakfast and some not so healthy snacks.
- In-house clubs and socials. From board games, tennis, football to D&D nights, there are lots of opportunities to socialise.
- Regular Socials including Project Wrap Parties, team and studio events, Christmas and annual Summer parties and some great charity fundraising events.
Role Information: EN
Studio: Climax Studios
Location: Europe, United Kingdom, Liverpool
Area of Work: Game Development
Employment Type: Permanent
Working Pattern: Full Time
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.