Los Angeles, California, United States
15 days ago
Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, and meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly and 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $68 billion in 2019 to $150 billion in 2025.
Skillz is pioneering the competitive mobile gaming experience, leveraging its patented technology to power over two billion esports tournaments a year. The company is headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading venture capitalists, media companies, and professional sports leagues and franchises.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, and NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, a two-time winner of CNBC’s Disruptor 50, one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups, and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
Who we’re looking for:
An ambitious, smart, self-driving individual to provide Executive Admin support of Skillz executives making a valuable contribution to a diverse and interesting portfolio of projects whilst delivering excellent support.
The executive assistant role is part of an assistant team. Tasks and responsibilities, as outlined below, will be divided up according to specific skills and preferences once the new assistant is in place, yet with a considerable overlap to ensure a smooth operation during times of annual leave, etc.
The ability to multitask is essential in this position, while also maintaining complex schedules and managing the executive. The ideal candidate for this job is resourceful, a good problem solver, and organized. Assuring a steady completion of workload in a timely manner is key to success in this position. If you enjoy a mission-driven, fast paced environment where the work you put in daily directly impacts the growth of an aggressively fast growing organization, then this role may be the perfect fit.
What you'll do:
- Manage complex calendars and scheduling for C-level executives;
- Adept gatekeeper; juggling executive needs and ensuring priorities are maintained;
- Organize events/engagements for the executive and supported teams
- Coordinate complex travel arrangements; including the US and International itineraries
- Liaising with appropriate parties regarding personal finances, etc.;
- Coordinate with Executive’s EA team regularly;
- Address impromptu tasks as they arise and occasionally running errands as required;
- Manage email correspondence by sorting and filtering communications;
- Use good decision-making skills to determine the level of urgency of matters brought to your attention and work accordingly;
- Ability to synthesize multiple options and present recommendations and cost-benefit analyses;
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to think outside the box and independently figure out how things work;
- Anything else deemed appropriate to facilitate your executive’ s day-to-day responsibilities.
- 5+ years work experience in the capacity of an Executive Assistant for a C-level or similar;
- Excellent computer skills and fluency with PowerPoint, Excel, and Google Suite and Calendar
- Ability to prioritize tasks and stay organized while having high attention to detail;
- Ability to manage several projects at once and thrive in a fast-paced environment;
- High integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information;
- Holds oneself to a high standard and expects that of others;
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills;
- Self-directed and proactive, but has the ability to take direction;
- Share a passion for Skillz;
- Flexibility working independently or partnering with a variety of teams;
- Ability to adapt to quick changing scheduling and last minute requests;
- Fast learner and can convey correct information regarding operations, policies, practices etc., quickly and efficiently;
- Develop cross-functional relationships between departments;
- Experience with start-up environment, rapid growth, or tech is a plus;
- BA/BS preferred.
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, and we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance .