Big Viking Games
3 months ago
A Little About Us:
Making fans - That’s what we’re all about! Since our humble beginnings in 2011, these two words have driven Big Viking Games to become the successful company it is today. With almost 100 Vikings already on board, and studios in both Toronto, ON and London, ON, we are focused on making our mark by building awesome free-to-play mobile and social games. Big Viking Games has proudly amassed millions of loyal fans across its many popular titles with no signs of slowing down anytime soon. We believe that by investing in our employees and in new technologies, such as HTML5, we can continue our success for years to come. With that in mind, we are on the hunt for exceptional talent to join our growing team, and that’s where you come in!
The Nitty Gritty:
We’re searching for a highly motivated Executive Assistant to join our Toronto, ON studio.The Executive Assistant is an extension of the CEO. You are the person who makes the CEO a better, faster, and more effective leader by helping him focus on the most important priorities. You will be the one making judgement calls on how the CEO spends his time and energy. Acting on behalf of the CEO, the Executive Assistant handles communication, scheduling, and other administrative duties. They’re responsible for organizing the CEO’s day to day activities with professionalism and sensitivity.
- Provide day-to-day administrative support to the CEO, working closely with the Chief of Staff to optimize the CEO’s priorities and deadlines
- Arrange, confirm, and prepare briefings for meetings by obtaining relevant and critical information, materials and research prior to each meeting to properly prepare the CEO
- Carefully monitor the priorities in the CEO’s calendar
- Arrange travel accommodations and itineraries prior to trips and conferences
- Prepare agendas and briefing materials for senior leadership teams’ daily, weekly, and monthly meetings; attend meetings and record minutes with action items and carry out appropriate follow ups
- Manage the CEO’s email; compose emails on behalf of the CEO and provide appropriate follow ups
- Read, validate and summarize contracts
- Maintain various databases for the office of the CEO
- Track all contracts incoming and requiring the CEO’s signature by ensuring contracts have been reviewed by the appropriate staff before presenting the contract for the CEO’s signature; ensure contract requests are followed up on in a timely manner
- Reconcile multiple expense reports on a monthly basis
- Prepare presentations and reports as required
- Maintain the strictest confidentiality
- Perform other duties as assigned
The Must Haves:
- Minimum of 5 years of executive administration experience supporting an entrepreneurial C-suite executive
- Experience supporting leaders in a 24/7 environment, being available and responsive during non business hours
- Able to assist the CEO during extended hours (ie. traveling to conferences, setting up for after-hours meetings, etc.)
- Experience in a startup environment (fast-paced, extremely high pressure)
- Ability to multitask and prioritize a heavy daily workload; time management skills are a must
- Highly professional and organized; able to communicate in a highly professional manner over phone, email, etc.
- Resourceful and able to independently ‘solve the problem’
- Detail oriented, with an eye for finding formatting issues and typos
- Experience using G-suite tools and email system and able to proficiently use Microsoft office suite
- Able to adapt quickly through changing priorities
- Diligent in ensuring all tasks are addressed
- Highly discrete and maintains the utmost confidentiality
The Nice to Haves:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience in gaming, start up or tech preferred
- Competitive salary, bonus program, Group Retirement Savings Plan matching & participation in the Employee Stock Option Plan
- Comprehensive benefits package (health, dental, and vision), including generous time off policies
- Stocked kitchen, unlimited snacks and beverages, along with breakfast and daily hot lunches. Vikings can't work on an empty stomach!
- Lots of other great perks such as frequent company paid outings, events and get-togethers
Becoming a Viking:
Are you cut from our cloth? Does the idea of working for a gaming company and doing what you love every day get you so excited you kind of want to scream? Great! Send us your resume and cover letter.
Big Viking Games is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.