This job might no longer be available.
Executive Assistant, Sales and Operations
San Mateo, CA, United States
2 months ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Executive Assistant, Sales and Operations
San Mateo, CA
The Executive Assistant will report to the Senior Vice President, Global Sales and Operations providing extensive executive administrative support. Additionally, this role will be a key contributor to a dynamic global team of sales and operations as well as support the overall team with key projects and events for the PlayStation sales.
We are seeking a driven, detail oriented, experienced professional who wants to be part of a high-performing team. The position will require high levels of collaboration and communication in a fast-paced matrix organization.
- Manage complex calendars and prepare detailed agenda for high-level meetings
- Arrange all domestic and international travel accommodations, including potential itinerary or schedule changes on short notice
- Conduct a timely flow of information, obtain signatures and authorizations, and manage correspondence flow
- Compile and process expense reports in a timely manner
- Create, track, and update organization/team related projects and documents on a monthly basis
- Professionally represent the executive through initial contact meetings or telephone conversations; act as an administrative liaison
- Provide logistical support for team meetings, events, and conferences, working in collaboration with Facilities, IT, and external parties as needed on and off-sites
- Function as a communications hub for department, staying current on team travel and holiday schedules with ability to locate and contact team members as needed
- Serve as an effective knowledge base for staff within the department, especially for process and procedures, and provide assistance in a hands-on, proactive manner
- Support office space planning needs as growth occurs within team and work closely with HR, hiring managers, and the facilities team to make necessary adjustments
- Liaise effectively with your global Executive Assistant counterparts and build strong working relationships with a wide range of company partners
- Continually improve processes and procedures to reduce work time and cost without compromising work quality
- Maintain the executive’s confidence and protect operations by keeping information highly confidential
- Identify key department information that could be shared to increase cross-functional transparency. Identify areas to simplify and improve department documentation
- Serve as the executive’s liaison with the department, identifying communication opportunities / needs as relevant
- Support the sales/operations department as needed by handling key projects & events, shipping and receiving, processing invoices and purchase orders, submitting contract requests, and adding new vendors
- Process finished goods, catering, office supplies, and other miscellaneous orders as needed
- Communication and Contact: Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the company.
- Presentations: Ability to create compelling presentations with design sensibility and impact (i.e.: convert hand-drawn data on a notepad into a visually appealing PowerPoint slide).
- Relationships with Others: Works collaboratively and effectively with senior executives, internal and external partners; capable of bringing people together.
- Global Interaction: Ability to efficiently manage complex schedules across multiple time zones and to coordinate smoothly in various cultural settings.
Education and work experience:
- A.A./A.S. degree or equivalent, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 5+ years of administrative or relevant work experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially PowerPoint
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Process-oriented, with attention to detail and ability to prioritize
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Have worked independently on difficult projects with minimal supervision
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality/discretion
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a friendly, outgoing, and flexible manner
- An interest in interactive entertainment/gaming industry
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.