Executive Assistant, Corporate Strategy and Development
12 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
San Mateo, CA (hybrid)
The Executive Assistant will support the Vice President of Corporate Strategy and Vice President of Corporate Development by providing administrative support at the PlayStation’s global headquarters in San Mateo, CA.
Responsibilities will include managing calendars, travel (domestic and international) and expenses for the VP’s as well as supporting team meetings and cross-functional coordination.
The candidate should be comfortable in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines. Flexibility and collaboration are key skills the successful candidate will possess. This person will be the primary contact for internal scheduling requests as well as external partner meetings’ scheduling.
- Handle swiftly and without error a complex and ever-changing calendar for two leaders; prepare and coordinate meetings, and schedule travel plans and accommodations for the department, as assigned.
- Ensure a timely flow of information, answering and managing correspondence and communication flow.
- Submit expense reports for both leaders and department team, as assigned.
- Professionally represent both executives through initial contact meetings.
- Provide logistical support for department team meetings, events and conferences, working in collaboration with Facilities, IT and external parties.
- Function as a communications hub for the department, staying current on, and publishing, as requested, team travel and holiday schedules with ability to locate and contact team members as needed.
- Serve as a helpful knowledge base for staff within the department, especially for process and procedures, and provide assistance in a hands-on, proactive manner.
- Liaise effectively with Executive Assistant counterparts and build strong working relationships with a wide range of company stakeholders at all levels.
- Coordinate department onboarding of new hires
- Communication and Contact: Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company.
- Presentations: Ability to create compelling presentations with design sensibility and impact (i.e.: convert hand-drawn data on a notepad into a visually appealing PowerPoint slide).
- Relationships with Others: Works collaboratively and effectively with senior executives, other assistants, and internal and external partners; capable of bringing people together!
- Global Interaction: Ability to efficiently manage complex schedules across multiple time zones and to coordinate smoothly in various cultural settings.
- 5+ years of relevant experience supporting a Senior Level Executive
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Process-oriented, with attention to detail and ability to prioritize
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and independently on difficult projects with minimal supervision
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality/discretion
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a friendly, outgoing, and flexible manner
- Game industry experience
- Passion for helping create a better future!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.