Events Manager - Mobile Gaming
1 month ago
Job Title - Events Manager
Reports Into - Senior Brand Manager
Location - Leamington Spa
A Little Bit about Kwalee….
Kwalee is one of the world’s leading multiplatform game developers and publishers, with well over 900 million downloads worldwide for mobile hits such as Draw It, Teacher Simulator, Let’s Be Cops 3D, Airport Security and Makeover Studio 3D. We also have a growing PC and Console team of incredible pedigree that is on the hunt for great new titles to join TENS!, Eternal Hope, Die by the Blade and Scathe.
What’s In It For You?
Are You Up To The Challenge?
As our Events Manager you’ll support the team to find and organise gaming industry events and opportunities. You’ll make sure to get us into all the best places and make sure Kwalee is noticed globally, being the backbone that ensures the team is prepared and ready for anything
Your Team Mates
As a core marketing team at Kwalee, we’re imaginative talents who create media content in our efforts to boost the marketing performances for our Kwalee games. Our work gets audiences to connect with us, advertises our chart-topping games, and highlights Kwalee as a global games industry expert.
What Does The Job Actually Involve?
- Create the events strategy and goals for the Kwalee Brand Marketing team and track our ROI results against them.
- Plan and execute our event attendance at large scale industry events with a mobile publishing or recruitment focus such as GDC and Mobidictum Istanbul
- Plan and execute Kwalee led conferences, meet-ups and awards held in person or online
- Run a regular programme of Kwalee challenges, game jams and webinars
- Manage the distribution of recognition and reward merchandise to our mobile developers when we publish their games
- Build and maintain relationships and negotiate contracts with events organisers and vendors
- Own and manage the events budget
- Create pitch documents for event attendance proposals as well as retrospective reports for events we attend
Your Hard Skills
- At least 2 years of event management experience, preferably in games or technology
- Passion for the mobile gaming industry
- Highly organised and able to coordinate complex projects with a range of stakeholders
- Commercial mindset with ROI and strategic focus
- Able to devise and execute highly creative event activity and promotion
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including a positive, collaborative attitude.
- Organisation skills and the ability to manage time and deadlines effectively.
- Problem solving skills and a can-do creative mindset.
- Experience and knowledge of using Spreadsheets and Project Management Software, for example, Jira, Monday.
Your Soft Skills
Kwalee has grown fast in recent years but we’re very much a family of colleagues. We welcome people of all ages, races, colours, beliefs, sexual orientations, genders and circumstances, and all we ask is that you collaborate, work hard, ask questions and have fun with your team and colleagues.
We don’t like egos or arrogance and we love playing games and celebrating success together. If that sounds like you, then please apply.
A Little More About Kwalee
Founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE, a key architect of the UK games industry who previously co-founded and led Codemasters, our team also includes legends such as Andrew Graham (creator of Micro Machines series) and Jason Falcus (programmer of classics including NBA Jam) alongside a growing and diverse team of global gaming experts.
Everyone contributes creatively to Kwalee’s success, with all employees eligible to pitch their own game ideas on Creative Wednesdays, and we’re proud to have built our success on this inclusive principle.
We have an amazing team of experts collaborating daily between our studios in Leamington Spa, Lisbon, Bangalore and Beijing, or on a remote basis from Turkey, Brazil, Cyprus, the Philippines and many more places around the world. We’ve recently acquired our first external studio, TicTales, which is based in France.
We have a truly global team making games for a global audience, and it’s paying off: - Kwalee has been voted the Best Large Studio and Best Leadership Team at the TIGA Awards (Independent Game Developers’ Association) and our games have been downloaded in every country on earth - including Antarctica!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.