This job might no longer be available.
Event and Activities Manager
17 days ago
As Cloud Chamber’s events and activities manager, you will play an integral role in curating key aspects of the employee experience focused on well-being, social and cultural events, and employee activities. You will also be responsible for day-to-day management of Cloud Chamber Montreal’s cafe space, including working closely with management and local vendors to create and maintain our food and beverage program.
Cloud Chamber is a people-first organization, and as such we’re looking for someone who can adopt a hospitality approach to elevate the overall employee experience.
- Lead and organize our social committee; curate and articulate engaging activities hand in hand with our employees
- End to end responsibility for Cloud Chamber Global events, work with staff in both locations (Novato, CA and Montreal)
- Collaborate with HR and senior management on employee engagement initiatives and our employee gifting program
- Work closely with HR on company sponsored well-being activities, both on and offsite
- Forge relationships with local vendors to create an industry leading in-house food and beverage program
- Responsible for local wellness initiatives (yoga, mindful meditation, massage, etc.)
- Overall responsibility of our cafe space in Montreal, including pantry, catering and inventory management.
- Create weekly and monthly experiences in cafe space (music, decor, activities)
- Responsible for the service and maintenance of all cafe equipment
- Partner with our Office Manager and facilities coordinator to build an engaging and hospitable environment in an inclusive and safe manner
- Work with our DEI committee on hosting and sponsoring community outreach events
Skills, Experience and Qualifications: Our ideal candidate is a confident and optimistic team player with a hospitality approach who loves helping people. Our Event and Activities Manager must have phenomenal communication skills, always going the extra mile, and is cognizant of the importance of the smallest of details. They need to take pride in their work, and be creative and savvy in their approach to everything they do.
- Extensive experience in hospitality and event management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- 3+ of years of experience
- Experience in budgeting for events
- Knowledge of contract negotiation and vendor management
- Experience in planning and executing large scale public events
We are Cloud Chamber: a collaborative team of inspired minds who create games together. We strive to make unique, entertaining, and thoughtful game experiences that engage the world.
We believe in the beauty and strength of diversity, in both the makeup of the studio and the nature of our thinking. Our focus on open communication and overall well-being allows each of us to strive for excellence in our work, and happiness in our lives.
We’re currently making the next BioShock. Our passion and love for this iconic franchise is what brought us together. The thrill and responsibility of creating the next iteration of such a beloved game is what keeps us going.
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us we’d love to meet you! Join us in creating worlds that move people.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. When emailing prospective employees we only use 2K.com email accounts.