Event Coordinator (Remote - United States)
14 days ago
Age of Learning is a leading education technology innovator based in Glendale, California, with a talented team of more than 600 individuals comprised of nationally-renowned educators, curriculum experts, developers, artists, writers, designers, engineers, producers, product managers, analysts and marketing experts! Together we develop engaging, effective digital learning technology and content to help children build a strong academic foundation for lifelong success.
Our flagship product ABCmouse.com
Early Learning Academy ® is a comprehensive online curriculum and the #1 digital learning product for young children. To-date, more than 30 million children worldwide have completed over 8 billion Learning Activities on ABCmouse. We recently launched Adventure Academy, the first massively multiplayer online (MMO) game designed specifically to help elementary- and middle-school-aged children learn. It features thousands of engaging Learning Activities—including minigames, books, original animated and live action series, and more—in a fun and safe virtual world. Other Age of Learning programs include immersive English language learning products for children in China and Japan; ReadingIQ, a digital library and literacy platform; and a groundbreaking personalized, adaptive digital learning system that individualizes math instruction for every child through AI-driven technology.
We are committed to helping all children succeed. We provide our educational programs at no cost to teachers, Head Start programs, public libraries, and other community organizations, and have served millions of children through these initiatives. We recently established the Age of Learning Foundation to expand this work globally.
As we expand our global reach and increase the educational impact of our programs, we’re looking for passionate, ambitious, and collaborative leaders to become a part of our growing team.
The School’s Division participates in national and regional conferences, as well as external business-to-business events each year. As a leader within the Marketing Organization, the Event Coordinator will be responsible for elevating the company’s brand through the execution and management of the events/conference strategy.
The Event Coordinator will be responsible for all management aspects of each event including, but not limited to, negotiating with potential vendors, working with the legal team to draft service level contracts, managing communication with speakers and stakeholders, working with assigned visual designers, and coordinating all logistical operations for face-to-face- and virtual events.
- Maintain the National and Regional event calendar.
- Coordinate National and select Regional Event operations and logistics (sourcing, agendas, schedule company attendees, exhibitor relations, sponsorship registration, shipping materials, etc.) for face-to-face and virtual tradeshows, as well as external customer events.
- Oversee day-of-event happenings and act quickly to resolve problems
- Coordinate multiple and varying events simultaneously.
- Work with a virtual designer to produce to develop event materials.
- Track and analyze the event’s success; prepare ROI reports.
- Manage inventory, production process, and shipping of marketing collateral and conference/event materials.
- Serve as the main point of contact for AofL at events.
- Create and write Speaker proposals
- Support virtual events as a host/tech administrator
- Various day-to-day administrative duties (invoicing, scheduling meetings, booking rooms, managing supplies, lead reporting and distribution to Sales and other key stakeholders, etc.)
- Budget Monitoring
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, or Hospitality Management.
- 2+ years of experience as an event coordinator or event planner in a corporate environment.
- Experience working with colleagues in visual design, sales, and communications departments.
- Excellent organizational, communication, negotiation, and multitasking skills.
- A detail orientated, self-starter with the proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to create a customer-centric experience
- Experience tracking and reporting on event success metrics.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with Cvent
- Experience with WordPress
- Experience serving as the host or administrator for virtual events.
- Travel (20%-25%). Hours may require evening and weekend work depending on business requirements.
- Meeting Planner Certification (CMP) Preferred
- Knowledge of Adobe Acrobat, SmartSheet, and Hubspot, preferred
Age of Learning currently provides:
• 90% - 100% of health and welfare benefit premiums
• A 401(k) program with employer match
• 15 paid vacation days, 11 observed national paid holidays plus 9 sick days
• Our flexible work culture means 2 or more days in the office (hybrid) or 100% fully remote options available for most positions
• Team bonding events and a highly collaborative environment
• Access to our internal DEI Task Force that focuses on ensuring our products represent all children on a global scale
• Opportunities for professional growth through professional learning and development programs
• Commitment to Equal Opportunity Employment in addition to an inclusive and supportive company culture
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.