This job might no longer be available.
Esports Program Manager
San Francisco, CA
6 days ago
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn , Twitter and on our Blog .
About the Role
The Esports department in Twitch manages some of the most exciting content and new ideas in the industry. We’re looking for a product manager to create authentic content and lead the viewer experience. You will report to the product lead for Twitch Rivals and coordinate with our current content and community teams. The Esports Product Manager role will be a gaming expert who is passionate about creating content creators and viewers love. You will follow gaming trends, lead show conceptions, work with teams, get partner approval, partner with departments to run the event, and write post-event reports. You are a passionate community member for a few games, learn quickly and pick up a new game if called upon. We’re looking for someone excited to help redefine the future of creating great engaging content with Twitch!
- Create competitive gaming content that is exciting and satisfying to creators and the community
- Review event data and present opportunities for improvement to the team
- Concept a plan to improve the Twitch Rivals viewer experience
- Write and manage event briefs to ensure the Esports team has all the most up-to-date information on a show
- Work with BD, Marketing, Partnerships, PR, Operations, and Sales teams
- Build relationships with Publishers / Developers to ensure continued mutually beneficial partnership
- 6+ years of esports experience
- Led multiple esports events from start to finish and have experience iterating on those events based on customer feedback
- Work with all partners to create authentic content
- Worked with abstract ideas to craft structured ideas, often with limited information at hand
- The ability to Work Backwards to achieve our goals
- Ability to travel to gaming conventions, industry events and to meet clients - more than 20 days a year.
- 2+ years of experience with both Microsoft and Google app Suites.
- Bonus Point 1
- Familiarity with Twitch as a user and a broadcaster
- Previous employment at a games industry or broadcast media company
- Experience working with streamers
- Have existing relationships with game developers
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages , etc. )
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.