This job might no longer be available.
Junior Environment Artist
20 days ago
We are nDreams, one of the world’s leading developers and publishers focused on VR games.
Combining innovation with excellence, we are the team behind award winning game Phantom: Covert Ops and Fracked. Our AAA experience and sensibilities, alongside bespoke VR technologies, give us the skillset, processes and creativity to deliver innovative, high production games for all VR platforms. We’ve got several exciting projects planned for the year and beyond - we can’t wait to show you more…
Our projects continue to push forward the boundaries of VR and we’re looking for talented people to help us turn them into a reality. Our talented studio now has over 100 people and has been assembled from world-leading games developers and publishers.
nDreams is looking for a talented and experienced junior environment artist to create fantastic worlds for our current and future VR projects. If you can model and texture game assets from props to complete levels, whilst following art direction, level design and the technical requirements necessary for real-time game creation, then we would love to hear from you!
- Creating high quality props and building environment components that follow art style and perform well in-game
- Using these models to create full game environments with gameplay, composition, and atmosphere always in mind
- Creating art in varied styles and for different genres of VR games
- Working closely with other disciplines such as Concept Artists, Animators, Level Designers, Coders, VFX and Character Artists.
- Experiencing the environments you create in full, immersive VR!
Who Are We Looking For?
- A Junior Environment Artist with at least 2+ years of professional experience in real-time games environment art production
- A strong working knowledge and in depth understanding of modelling real-time game 3D assets in Maya/Unreal, textured using the latest PBR techniques
- Working knowledge of the process of game development and experience in working with design, level design, production, and art direction
- Someone with the ability to construct full environments from block-out to final, whilst considering composition, atmosphere, and level design
- A strong portfolio which demonstrates a variety of art styles and includes props and environments
- A true team player, able to work collaboratively as a part of a multidiscipline team with the initiative, drive and organisation skills to deliver excellent results on time
- Experience of VR and lighting would be beneficial
Our growing studio shares a passion for innovation, collaboration and defining the future of VR. We encourage an open, creative and diverse culture and empower people to explore their ideas and put their own stamp on projects. With humble beginnings of our own, we combine big projects and opportunities with a personal, caring touch. We’re proud of our culture – come and see why!
We offer some great perks, including flexible core hours, share options, 20 days holiday (increasing yearly to a maximum of 25 days), two duvet days, a day off to celebrate your birthday and various monthly socials (including Breakfast Bap Days and Free Drink Friday)! Our newly refurbished open plan office has some great facilities with a cycle station, showers and more all on site.
The role is based in our modern studio in Farnborough, UK, but with a unique Flex+ policy which incorporates options for flexible, hybrid working from home and studio. The studio is within easy commuting distance from London and Guildford.
Salary is competitive and dependent on your experience.
If you think this could be the role for you, we’d love you to get in touch! Drop us your CV via the link or send us an email to email@example.com .
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.