14 days ago
Come join Bethesda Game Studios, the award-winning development team behind Starfield, The Elder Scrolls and Fallout. Bethesda Game Studios strives to offer its employees a well-balanced home and work life by providing competitive salaries, a generous benefits program, and offices located in some of North America’s best cities.
With a goal of creating a culture as fun and diverse as our games and our players, we welcome applicants with unique skillsets, experience levels and backgrounds. If you are passionate about making a meaningful contribution to some of the most significant games in the industry we’d love to hear from you!
Your Daily Life at Bethesda Game Studios
As Environment Artist, you will…
- Create props, textures, and architectural assets for world building
- Create organic tile-able textures, trees, and foliage for landscape environments
- Tell stories through environment world building within the Creation Kit
- Create realistic spaces through world building in the Creation Kit
- Optimize environment art and world building to fit within performance metrics
What Makes You S.P.E.C.I.A.L.
- You have 5+ years’ experience as an Environment Artist or other relevant experience for creating game ready assets
- You are experienced in the creation of next gen game ready assets; high poly, low poly, baking, texturing, exporting, and bringing the asset into the game engine
- You are experienced in the creation of world assets, including trees, rocks, and foliage required to populate open world games
- You are proficient in 3ds Max, ZBrush, and Painter
- You have a full understanding of working in a PBR system
- You are able to work from photo reference or concept art when available
- You have strong communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills
- You have a passion for high-quality graphics and creating story with their work
- You are self-motivated, driven, and able to manage workload independently under time constraints
You must submit an online portfolio and be open to completing an art test.
- You have experience with various game engines - Creation Kit a plus
- You have an understanding of the creation of modular systems, trim sheets, texture reuse, for optimal world building and asset creation
- You possess the ability to leverage existing assets to create new or variations of similar assets
- You have strong knowledge of technical game art theory (texel density, polycount, optimization) and traditional art theory (function, form, shape, proportions, color, etc.)
- You are able to work under tight deadlines and understand how to utilize time where it is most visually important
- You have familiarity with BGS games
Applicant Privacy Notice
CCPA Applicant Privacy Notice
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.