9 days ago
That’s No Moon Entertainment is an independent AAA game development studio established in 2021 by veterans of some of the most recognizable and critically acclaimed creative teams in the world, including Naughty Dog, Infinity Ward, Santa Monica Studio, Bungie, PlayStation, and more. Based in Los Angeles and San Diego, That’s No Moon Entertainment is creating the next generation of narrative-driven, genre-defining experiences built upon a culture of creativity, collaboration, responsible production practices, and individual empowerment. We are assembling a diverse team of passionate developers of a wide range of experience levels and backgrounds to help shape the future of our studio and projects.
We are seeking an Environment Artist with a drive for bringing very realistic natural worlds to life through environmental storytelling, shape language and excellent crafting skills. You will participate in the definition, creation and final execution of all aspects of world building for in-game and cinematic AAA content. With your help we will push the industry to new heights of realism, gameplay and storytelling!
- Build final polish cinematic and in-game environments and assure the highest quality and efficiency
- Develop, refine and spear head the creation of game levels including layout, assets, set dressing and materials
- Work with all facets of art, game design and tech art to develop and improve the environment pipelines from prop creation and scan acquisition to final in-game polish and optimization
Requirements & Skills:
- Shown experience in game environment design and level construction for AAA video games
- Deep understanding of both environment modeling and material development
- Intermediate or above experience in Substance Designer and Painter
- Excellent eye for artistic and game composition
- Strong Maya skills
- Tight-knit collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Experience working with photo-realistic game assets in a PBR renderer
- Strong understanding of how to build and implement strong shape language for environmental and gameplay composition
- (Bonus) Unreal Engine, Houdini, and Substance Designer/Painter
- (Bonus) Experience or interest in assembling or using scan libraries
- (Bonus) Fine art background or education
- (Bonus) Experience with crafting or modifying foliage
- Self-motivated and able to work well in a multi-discipline team environment
- Phenomenal teammate invested in the success and development of outstanding environments
- Able to communicate effectively, give feedback and direction as well as adapt to creative and art direction
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
That's No Moon is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ancestry, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, legally protected physical or mental disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.